Patek Philippe (Real-ity check)
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Giotime
  • 1 Post By Giotime
  • 2 Post By 707mm2
  • 1 Post By 707mm2

Thread: Patek Philippe (Real-ity check)

Patek Philippe (Real-ity check)

I have no reason at all to think this is anything but all original ( except bracelet) however I am way out of my league so I wanted other eyes to confirm. This is a reference 3423. Not sure of date but I would assume late 50's - early 60's. Freccero is a Uruguayan Jewelry retailer that sold and signed Patek at one time a la Tiffany. Does this add any extra value to this Calatrava? Is there anything about this piece that would add more value than usual ie style, dial design etc. By chance I came upon the opportunity to make an offer on this piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SilkeN likes this.

Re: Patek Philippe (Real-ity check)

I'm curious to see what others have to say but it looks like a redial to me, which certainly affects the value.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreWatches View Post
    I'm curious to see what others have to say but it looks like a redial to me, which certainly affects the value.
    I would agree with that. Them cross hairs are off on to many markers, unless it's a camera thing, but both pictures show that

Also, why not show the whole movement? You know better than that Gio
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes tinknocker I do. Just respecting the owners wishes who for whatever reasons asked not to show identifying numbers.
    tinknocker likes this.

Them cross hairs are off on to many markers
    Hi,
    I don't think it's a redial, cross hairs are a little off but by quite a tight margin. At least I have seen genuine dials with such tiny mis-alignement.
    Giotime and Warwian like this.

Many of the cross hairs are off center, but what I really notice is the difference between 1:00 and 7:00. At 1:00 (and 2:00) the cross hairs extending from the center touch the dial markers, but at 7:00 (and many others) there is a large gap between the center cross hair and the dial marker. So the cross hairs are slightly rotated and off center. Looking at images online I do see quite a variation in the cross hairs between these watches.

Looking at images online I do see quite a variation in the cross hairs between these watches.
    Yes, all the 3423 have slight variations of the cross hairs, so it's likely genuine. And even if it's actually a redial, there's a good chance it was done not so long after the watch was sold because it looks like the dial aged like a typical vintage watch...
    Warwian likes this.

Thanks 707mm2!

Thread Information