Patek Rolex

Thread: Patek Rolex

Question Patek Rolex

Fake ? Yes or not ?
    Can somebody explain it ?
    Regards,

Re: Patek Rolex

I've never heard of it and I suspect it's a knock-off of some sort. It looks like a typical 1940s Swiss ladies' watch.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Hi -

Agree with the 40s-something ladies' watch.

But Patek-Rolex????

Rolex did start manufacturing with Gruen (or more exactly, used the same ebauche supplier in Biele), but as far as I know - and I am not an expert on either Patek or Rolex - Patek doesn't supply calibres to anyone. Nor, according to Shugart, have they ever made an oval calibre like this. The Rolex calibre ref 250 doesn't look anything like this at all.

Add to that the fact that the name Patek alone hasn't been used for over 100 years - it's been Patek Philippe since 1851 - and the face that there is, besides the gold-colored engraving, otherwise no meaningful finishing of the calibre, and this all points to a older "replica" watch.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very fake...

Fake as a $3 bill, as a matter of fact. I wouldn't say it's an outright fake... it's probably a vintage watch from some company that was rebranded at some point. It looks like "Rolex" was crudely written on the dial, and there's no such thing as a "Patek Rolex." Funny... the faker didn't know which name to go with and apparently decided to go with both.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Hi -

Agree with the 40s-something ladies' watch.

But Patek-Rolex????

Rolex did start manufacturing with Gruen (or more exactly, used the same ebauche supplier in Biele), but as far as I know - and I am not an expert on either Patek or Rolex - Patek doesn't supply calibres to anyone. Nor, according to Shugart, have they ever made an oval calibre like this. The Rolex calibre ref 250 doesn't look anything like this at all.

Add to that the fact that the name Patek alone hasn't been used for over 100 years - it's been Patek Philippe since 1851 - and the face that there is, besides the gold-colored engraving, otherwise no meaningful finishing of the calibre, and this all points to a older "replica" watch.

JohnF

Thanks.
    Best regards,

Thread Information