Is This Patek for Tiffany Auhtentic?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is This Patek for Tiffany Auhtentic?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is This Patek for Tiffany Auhtentic?

Mens 1891 PATEK PHILIPPE & CO for TIFFANY Vintage Watch - eBay (item 140548631108 end time May-23-11 14:30:24 PDT)

What do you guys think? The seller seems reliable, has anyone had any dealings with them before ?

The Collection: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Explorer 214270 Cal. 3132
    Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT, SBGE005 Cal. 9R66, Omega, Seamaster Professional, Planet Ocean 600M, 232.30.42.21.01.001, Cal. 8500, Oris Artelier Complication 01 781 7703 4051-07 5 21 70FC Cal. 781 Vostok Classica 693B23 Cal. Vostok 2409.01 Omega, Constellation Chronometer DB396.1069Cal. 1444 Steinhart, Aviation Pink Gold Carbon, A0702, Unitas 6498, Raymond Weil, Nabucco GMT Automatic, 3800-SCF-05207, ETA 2893-2

Re: Is This Patek for Tiffany Auhtentic?

Don't touch that even with a 10 foot pole. That's a bastardized pocket watch. It could be authentic, but that's not how it was originally intended to be or should be.

I should add that it looks to me like the dial/hands/movement have been added to a newer case. That case is likely not original (in fact, I know it isn't). Who knows if the dial/hands/movement are original to each other.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Friends don't let friends buy from the Ukraine
    Eeeb and trim like this.

Thought I recognised the seller...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/ome...ch-537456.html

Ok.. he is not the seller of the watch original posted... but he does sell those butchered omegas to...

I think I make my thoughts clear in that thread over these types of watches coming out of the Ukraine!

STAY WELL CLEAR!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Hi out there,

it should be worn under the sleeve to prevent wallpapers to peel off.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Quote Originally Posted by LouS View Post
    Friends don't let friends buy from the Ukraine
    I cannot let this go unremarked: Please dont paint a countries watch dealers with such a broad brush. I have bought several Luch 2209 slims and etc, from various Ukraine dealers and they were and are perfect. Perhaps dont buy a non Russian/Soviet watch would be a better but not even necessarily true statement to make.

Quote Originally Posted by parrotandpitbull View Post
    I cannot let this go unremarked: Please dont paint a countries watch dealers with such a broad brush. I have bought several Luch 2209 slims and etc, from various Ukraine dealers and they were and are perfect. Perhaps dont buy a non Russian/Soviet watch would be a better but not even necessarily true statement to make.
    Agree. I have bought USSR made watches from sellers in Ukraina with no problem at all. The supply of these is great from this former USSR territory. Just make sure you know what you want, don't get tempted by sellers who constantly offer marriages of old pocketwatch movements made into a wristwatch. Example of what I have bought from Ukraine sellers, a Kirova ship deck watch from the cold war, 1969:

Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

I stupidly bid on this watch before asking. I am a novice collector, and only after getting excited and bidding ( a Patek for $500 ? ! ) did i realize the huge irregularities. I then confronted the seller regarding all the important information I received from you kind folk, and he quickly outbid me without replying.

Thank you so much for saving my time and money, as well as giving me a valuable lesson.

The Collection: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Explorer 214270 Cal. 3132
    Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT, SBGE005 Cal. 9R66, Omega, Seamaster Professional, Planet Ocean 600M, 232.30.42.21.01.001, Cal. 8500, Oris Artelier Complication 01 781 7703 4051-07 5 21 70FC Cal. 781 Vostok Classica 693B23 Cal. Vostok 2409.01 Omega, Constellation Chronometer DB396.1069Cal. 1444 Steinhart, Aviation Pink Gold Carbon, A0702, Unitas 6498, Raymond Weil, Nabucco GMT Automatic, 3800-SCF-05207, ETA 2893-2

Quote Originally Posted by malioil View Post
    I stupidly bid on this watch before asking. I am a novice collector, and only after getting excited and bidding ( a Patek for $500 ? ! ) did i realize the huge irregularities. I then confronted the seller regarding all the important information I received from you kind folk, and he quickly outbid me without replying.

Thank you so much for saving my time and money, as well as giving me a valuable lesson.
    ALWAYS ask first and do your research.. especially if you are going to spend big bucks like that... otherwise, soon you would be a sad, poor, novice collector! I am glad to hear you will not be stuck with that monster!

As for 'he quickly outbid me without replying'.... fills me with horror! I would let Ebay know... sellers like this should not be allowed to trade!!!!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information