picked up a lot of old pocket watches

Thread: picked up a lot of old pocket watches

Picture picked up a lot of old pocket watches

Hi all thought you may like to see my latest pick-up of watches

i had to purchase them blind and was hopeing to find something of intrest

When i finaly got them home and opened i was pleased to find a local made one in a 1882-83 silver case sadly chain is broken

another silver one quite interesting inside

And the nicest and most interesting one turned out to be the bashed up face one
    when i finally got it open i found this nice back cover with the name Sam Bloomer London (i have done no reserech yet on any of the makers of the watches yet)

then i took the cover off and found this great bit of work

but with the name of Thomas Hebard London No: 1792

I was so happy when i gave the watch a turn and off it ticked .. so i have taken the busted up face off and i am now searching for a replacement and one of the hands and the seconds hand.. so if you can point me in the right direction that would be great
    the case for it is dated 1838-39 ? do you think this is the date of the watch ?

this is the picture of the back of the face i am looking for it ps it is 50mm across

cheers dooly

Re: picked up a lot of old pocket watches

Wow...a great bunch of watches. I am a wristwatch guy but the engraving and detail work on the Thomas Hebard is really fantastic. BTW - I like the nice 1920s/1930s wrist on the end of the first photo as well.

Good luck with your parts hunt. Please post an update once you get the project completed. Thanks for sharing.

hi thanks for the response .. the Square one has London silver import marks for 1929-30 and the Maker / retailer mark of GS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

the Square one has London silver import marks for 1929-30 and the Maker / retailer mark of GS
    Very nice. I have had a silver cased wristwatch on my wishlist for awhile....

Thread Information