pics?

Thread: pics?

pics?

my gruen my wifes not sure what year my wifes is but is a sweet watch any info would be great
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by osiris; January 19th, 2008 at 04:29.

Re: pics?

I would guess both Gruens are from the 1950s but JohnF is the expert on them so we'll wait for him.
    The Tissot is from the 1970s.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Hi -

All rather battered, to put it mildly.

The first picture (from left to right): Gruen 460 (18'000 A/h), bumper automatic, Gruen's first automatic calibre, from 1945 onwards, yours is probably early 1950s (I've got basically the same watch). Power reserve ca 30+ hours, Breguet spiral.

Second picture: Tissot, don't know much about them...

Third: 21 jewel Gruen ladies' watch, rather battered, typical form late 1950s.

Fourth: movement is a 28x (either 284 or 289, can't see to be sure), 21 jewel ladies' movement, rather high quality for the time and dimensions.

Fifth: the face of the first watch, classic Gruen. In really excellent condition, this is a real beauty.

That said, you should have the Gruens worked on cosmetically: a clean-up and new crystals, as well as clean, oiling, adjusting. They deserve it...

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ray is right, this Tissot is most likely from the (early?) 70's. If you can get it openened, the movement number could tell you more. But as a first indicator it would help to know, if it has a quick-set of the date by pressing the crown or not. If it has it should be, what I would expect later than '72. It's hard to see the case on your pic, but it should be from sometime between '69 and '75, though.

Cheers,

Axel

Thread Information