Pierce chrono service
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pierce chrono service

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pierce chrono service

Hey guys, looking for somebody thats capable of repairing and servicing a pierce cal 130 I picked up. I heard somebody in England makes the rubber parts that are known to deteriorate
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heres the movement
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Pierce chrono service

damn, thats a cool watch. I only recently heard about pierce watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah iv heard they are pretty expensive to repair due to the non existant parts. I'm hoping I can can find someone tho.. thanks for the comment

When people ask about where to service a watch, most members really don't want to put their own watchmaker's name out there in a searchable open forum. So the responses you will get are mainly for the usual suspects, or from people trying to pimp a particular watchmaker. In my opinion, the better approach is to search old threads (either using the WuS search engine or Google with a restricted search domain) to identify owners and collectors of Pierce chronographs, and then contact them via PM to ask discreetly if they would be willing to share information about who services their watches. In those same threads, you will find the name of watchmakers who can fabricate the necessary parts, if they are still doing so.
    Habitant likes this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

You certainly have a point Dan. Thank you

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

There is also a thread by Roland Ranfft here on this forum (sorry, I am too lazy to look for it myself at the moment!) in which he explains how you can make the brittle part likely to be broken on these yourself from a plastic washer or something like that. It should ensure that all of these movements are serviceable providing nothing else is broken.

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    There is also a thread by Roland Ranfft here on this forum (sorry, I am too lazy to look for it myself at the moment!) in which he explains how you can make the brittle part likely to be broken on these yourself from a plastic washer or something like that. It should ensure that all of these movements are serviceable providing nothing else is broken.

Hartmut Richter
    I think this is the thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/pi...c-1006197.html

As an aside, I find it very convenient to use google to search the forum. In this case, I entered the following into google:

pierce chronograph site:watchuseek.com/f11

and Roland's thread was right on the first page
    demo likes this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Thanks for helping out as well as for the tip, Dan. When it comes to mundane tasks, I have been a lazy bugger since birth, I'm afraid.....!

Hartmut Richter

Thanks guys, I was gonna sell it but backed out, I really like this watch alot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information