Please Help ID these vintage watches

Thread: Please Help ID these vintage watches

Please Help ID these vintage watches

The first is what im told is a Mens watch although it is tiny. It was my Great Grandfathers. The band was replaced with Black Lizard skin. It is a Wind up Hamilton and the case is Gold. Any idea what this watch was called? is it a collectible piece? I really have no desire to wear such a little watch, its smaller than most women's watches today.
    Name:  winduphamilton.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  425.0 KB
    The Second is a Gold Hamilton that my father used to wear (he passed away when i was younger)
    The band material is a stretchy fake gold and is hideous but the watch itself is nice. It is Gold Case and Gold Caseback, Automatic no date. Any idea what this model was called? i think it would look nice on a black or brown leather strap.
    Name:  hamilton.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  402.4 KB
    The third i actually just posted in the Omega forum but then realized maybe it should be in this forum.
    The case is Gold but the caseback is Stainless steel. It is an automatic but it seems like i can also prewind it up with the crown still pushed down.
    Name:  omega.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  479.4 KB
    thanks for the help!

Re: Please Help ID these vintage watches

You can 'prewind' all automatics except some lower end ones which are mostly Asian or very obscure Swiss vintage.... which your Omega is not.

As to 'names' of watches, Omega usually has lines of similarly branded watches which are produced over many years (like Seamaster or De Ville). The caseback sometimes will tell. Hamilton used 'names', changing them often annually. Each name represented a difference in dial or case and sometimes in movement. Shugart or some other reference may have pictures... but maybe someone will come along who knows Hamiltons well - there are a few of them here!

Nice pieces! I hope you get them serviced so you too will be able to pass them on.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Re: Please Help ID these vintage watches

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    You can 'prewind' all automatics except some lower end ones which are mostly Asian or very obscure Swiss vintage.... which your Omega is not.

As to 'names' of watches, Omega usually has lines of similarly branded watches which are produced over many years (like Seamaster or De Ville). The caseback sometimes will tell. Hamilton used 'names', changing them often annually. Each name represented a difference in dial or case and sometimes in movement. Shugart or some other reference may have pictures... but maybe someone will come along who knows Hamiltons well - there are a few of them here!

Nice pieces! I hope you get them serviced so you too will be able to pass them on.
    ]

Thank you for some of this insight. I really like the Omega and the round Hamiltons looks and will definitely look into getting them serviced. Does anyone know if Tourneu services vintage watches? how expensive would it be to service something like this older Omega? I don't want to spend a fortune. It runs 2-3 minutes fast a day, the glass could be replaced as their is a scratch on it. I believe this model is a "BUMPER" but not sure it says "seamaster" on the back.

Thread Information