Please help identify - Ladies Movado watch
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By michie

Thread: Please help identify - Ladies Movado watch

Please help identify - Ladies Movado watch

Hi,
    Im new to the site and looking for some help in identifying the age/model of this watch and how to properly wind it. This watch has more sentimental value then dollar value, especially since i dont even know the worth, would it be something to add to my insurance coverage?
    It was my grandmothers, Ive had it for many many years (30+ years in my hands). My dad does not remember when she got it. If I had to guess its at least 60+ years old.

The black leather band was its original band, my dad changed it to the white gold bracelet when he gave it to me.
    It is a watch that needs winding to function. It does not have a battery, im almost 100% positive on this, as I remember seeing the back open once a long time ago and there was no battery, plus the fact that it still functions to this day and i have never replaced a battery.
    The face of this watch is about the size of a 10 cent dime coin. It has 5 diamonds on the top and 5 diamonds on the bottom (no idea if diamonds are real or not). There are no serial numbers on the back, it is a smooth back. I do not want to open it to see the movement or if there are numbers inside, as I do not have the tools nor do I want to accidentally damage it.

If anyone can help me with this, that would be great. I actually contacted Movado directly but they weren't able to give me much info (other then provide me with an operating manual and the closer authorized Movado dealer, 2hrs away)

Thanks,
    Michelle
    Attached Images Attached Images

busmatt likes this.

Re: Please help identify - Ladies Movado watch

This design was popular from the late 50's to early 70's so it's hard to pin it down and the diamonds are probably the real thing but this you can have tested at a good jewelry store. The case and fittings look well made so I'd say they are made of some precious metal.

Thread Information