Please help me ID 2 watches
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Please help me ID 2 watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help me ID 2 watches

Hello,

I am new to the site so first of all Hello to Everybody from Romania.

I have 2 watches which I have difficulties identifying (year and details).

First is a 14k Lebolt and the Second is a Doxa Conquistador 18k (written on the back 1092342 and 9806B0 )

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Flavius
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Please help me ID 2 watches

The movement in the Lebolt is a Peseux 330 and the watch is from the 60's, it's a bit odd it's lacking shock protection. The case maker comes back as Eric Monnier but I'm not sure the case is gold but pictures lie so you need to have it checked out.
    Last edited by Shum; March 5th, 2016 at 14:44.

Thank you for your answer, yes the case of the Lebolt is 14k gold.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A movement picture of the Doxa would help in identifying it.

The case back numbers don't follow the case serial number system used between 1940 and 1966... Either post-1966, or it follows a different serial number system (heard of an additional numbering system being used in the 1950s), but since there are no records for Doxa, I can't help you with that. If it followed the basic serial number system, it would be easy to determine the exact year of manufacture.
    Judging by the design and the applied logo with an oversized D, the watch theoretically would date to the 1950s... But that's dating with "to the nearest decade" accuracy.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

I am attaching 2 pictures for the Doxa

Name:  20160306_203809 (1).jpg
Views: 107
Size:  1.27 MB
    Name:  20160306_203817.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  1.16 MB

Regards
    Shum likes this.

The movement's an ETA 1080 or derivative, with a modified bridge. That said, the watch is- IMO- from the 1950s. The case has correct Doxa markings, so the numbers on the back are that additional serial number system that is- most unfortunately- impossible to decode, as no records exist. Haven't seen that type of serial in specimens from early 1950s, so that leaves us with something like 1955/56-1959/60. In other words, mid to late 1950s.
    Shum likes this.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Nice stuff!

Never seen this smaller ETA in a Doxa before today and wouldn't you believe I have seen a second one today.

Quote Originally Posted by Shum View Post
    Nice stuff!

Never seen this smaller ETA in a Doxa before today and wouldn't you believe I have seen a second one today.
    They're actually quite common, Shum. That's the basic hand-wound movement that Doxa used in the 1950s, when it has replaced the old Aurore-Villeret 110 and the previous generation of ETA movements with indirect sweep seconds. I have mentioned that in the short guide that I've posted in the Links & Articles section.
    Shum likes this.
    Edgar Allan Poe

George Orwell

Erich Maria Remarque

Wow great comments. Thank you. I was puzzled not to find anything on the watches. You would think if you google them you would discover one on sale or people mentioning them. For Example Lebolt I found the American Lebolt & Company which closed when WW2 started. But clearly this is not made by them, right?

The Doxa which has a screw on back looks really great
    Shum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfLight View Post
    Wow great comments. Thank you. I was puzzled not to find anything on the watches. You would think if you google them you would discover one on sale or people mentioning them. For Example Lebolt I found the American Lebolt & Company which closed when WW2 started. But clearly this is not made by them, right?

The Doxa which has a screw on back looks really great
    The watch was put together in USA with Swiss parts but it's clearly from the 1960's.

The importer I believe is Henri Gireaux Watch Co but I don't know much about US brands.
    Last edited by Shum; March 6th, 2016 at 22:00.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information