Please tell me about this vintage Omega

Thread: Please tell me about this vintage Omega

Please tell me about this vintage Omega

I received this circa 1959 Omega from my wife for a 40th birthday present. I have not been able to find any information on it online. It is in a two piece case, with a c.302 movement. The case is stamped 14k gold. I assume the diamond markers were added sometime in the last 50 years. It keeps decent time for a 50 year old watch, ~30 slow per day.
    Name:  watch3.jpg
Views: 2044
Size:  85.7 KBName:  watch1 (Small).jpg
Views: 8596
Size:  43.6 KB

Some questions:
    What model is this?
    Could this model be white gold?
    Are the diamond markers aftermarket?
    The power reserve is about 25-27 hours, and it winds smoothly, but stiffly. Is this normal for a small movement this old?
    Does the movement look ok from this photo (borrowed from the seller)? Anything I should be concerned about with the caliber 302?

Thanks in advance for any help. This is my first, but hopefully not my last vintage watch.

Chris

Banned

Re: Please tell me about this vintage Omega

It's a refinished dial for sure, probably recently and the diamonds were added at that point. Omega didn't make very many white gold models, so a picture of the 14K marking and one of the inside of the caseback is necessary to confirm it is gold and not stainless steel.

Thanks ulack focus. Here are picutres of the caseback and the inside of the case. I think the marking at the bottom of the inside might be a 14K marking, but I am not sure.
    Name:  watchback.jpg
Views: 1399
Size:  51.8 KBName:  watch inside case.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  52.3 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

On the inside of the caseback is an arrow with a J in the middle - this is the symbol for the Jonell watch case company. They're a US case maker for Norman Morris, Omega's American agent back then. It does seem like it's all authentic Omega parts with a refinished dial, it's just tough to tell if it's all original. Either way it should make a fine dress watch and keep very accurate time as long as you maintain it properly.

I'll leave questions of originality to the experts, but all things aside, it is a very fine watch indeed. I am sure it will look great on your wrist for many years to come.

Thread Information