Pocket Tritschler Guadalajara

Thread: Pocket Tritschler Guadalajara

Pocket Tritschler Guadalajara

Hi,

I just got an old pocket watch from an aunt, she tells me a while back she took the watch to sell it but the guy told here the machine was hand made and she should not sell the watch just as gold.
    I have no idea about watches and is very hard to find someone in Mexico that handles this, so I wanted to see if the watch is worth the trouble.

Is a pocket watch, apparently gold with the number 9830 on the inside of both back covers and the numebr 30 on the inside front cover.

The outside is not very well kept and the inside has the following text:
    No 9830 / Tadeo Tritschler / Guadalajara / Aiguilles / ECHAPPEMENT A CYLINDRE / HUIT / TROUS EN RUBIS

On the face of the watch is apparently the same text: Tadeo Tritschler / Guadalajara

Hope you can tell me is is valuable just for the gold or I should check the machine as well.
    Name:  CIMG4221 small.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  46.5 KBName:  CIMG4222 small.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  60.1 KBName:  CIMG4224 small.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  31.5 KBName:  CIMG4225 small.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  36.9 KBName:  CIMG4227 small.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  43.3 KB

Let me knwo if I can do anything else to find out about the clock or if by any chance you have information about a store here in Mexico, preferably Guadalajara.

Thanks

Re: Pocket Tritschler Guadalajara

Can you tell us the diameter of the watch? It looks small when compared to the key. I only ask because if it was small I wouldn't be able to use it, and would probably try to sell it as a complete watch. I don't believe in selling watches for scrap gold. Are you sure it is solid gold?

I would assume Tadeo Tritschler was a jeweler in Guadalajara in the late 1800s who imported Swiss watches which had been 'private labeled' for him by the maker in Switzerland. The movement is probably Swiss made from around the 1880s or maybe 10 or so years later. This was fairly normal for the high end of the market. Tiffany & Co still does it

Mexican private labeled watches are fairly rare. Even if it does not work, its value has to exceed the gold value. We have some members who may be able to help with finding local watchmakers... but I suspect most of them are in Mexico City.

Your aunt was wise not to sell the watch for just the gold. Does she know any of its history? It is a family heirloom! Nice

"Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Her philosophy professor gave it to her a long time ago, so we don't know the history of the watch.

I think is around 5cm in diameter.

If anyone know a store in Mexico city I'll program a visit on my next trip.

Thanks

Thread Information