Pocket watch case!

Thread: Pocket watch case!

Question Pocket watch case!

Hi,
    im having trouble in finding pocket watch cases for my watches, especially size 0! Can anyone tell me where i can find these at a specialized shop or something? ive tried ebay but all there is is 12 16 and 18s... so if anyone could tell me where i could get these small cases it would be of great help to find a home for my small old buddies!
    :thanks

Re: Pocket watch case!

Hi -

Pocket watch cases will be a custom job, I fear: most pocket watches were worn as is, attached by chain to part of the clothing. I'm sure you're familiar with the picture of a banker with a three-piece suit with a gold chain to his pocket watch... it's even on the cover of the game Monopoly.

JohnF

PS: And welcome to the forum! Please feel free to post some pictures of your watches, we loooove pictures.
    Last edited by JohnF; February 29th, 2008 at 08:14. Reason: Added the PS...
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Re: Pocket watch case!

You could also check these links:
    http://www.julesborel.com/
    http://www.ofrei.com/
    or find a good watchmaker in your area as they often have networks of parts supply we don't know about. Size 0 is not all that common. Maybe get a junk watch for parts on eBay and use its case.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information