Pocket watch display

Thread: Pocket watch display

Pocket watch display

I was wondering if anyone has an interesting suggestions for a pocket watch display?

I have about 3 of them and a stop watch. I use the molnija once in a great while but all the rest just sit in the box for the most part and I'd like to put them somewhere I can see them instead of inside the big pelican cases. Ideally I'd like a glass top box where I could put the pocket watches (and maybe a couple wristwatches but that's no imperative) with a small drawer underneath for small cleaning cloths, spring bar tool etc. I've yet to find anything that quite fits anyone have any suggestions within the affordable realm?

I've seen plenty of the little dome cases for pocket watches but since I'de need a few of them it would look a bit silly on the table and it's not highly cost effective.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavallino33

Re: Pocket watch display

I got a 4 compartment glass topped box with 4 little cushions at T J Maxx once upon a time. It holds 4 pocket watches nicely. No drawer though.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

click on this. http://cgi.ebay.com/Countertop-pocke...item414bc70b6e.

It might be larger than you need, but you can always fill it up! This guy makes 3 or 4 different styles and sizes. If the link dosen't work go to e-bay search for pocket watch display.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
    click on this. http://cgi.ebay.com/Countertop-pocket-watch-display-case-railroad-grade-oak_W0QQitemZ280444210030QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPocket _Watches?hash=item414bc70b6e.

It might be larger than you need, but you can always fill it up! This guy makes 3 or 4 different styles and sizes. If the link dosen't work go to e-bay search for pocket watch display.

Yeah I need something that's a little more flat, a tall cabinet like that won't quite work in the position I had in mind though it does offer better display. The smaller curved glass model he's selling might work (no drawer but I might have to make a few concessions) I'll have to watch and see how the bidding goes.
    Last edited by cavallino33; January 3rd, 2010 at 23:54.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavallino33

Thread Information