polerouter super

Thread: polerouter super

polerouter super

Been studying the polerouter super series, and I found several different models amongst the literature.

Let's look at the following samples:
    (1) http://www.polerouter.de/images/coll...outer5-big.jpg
    (2) Omegaforums.net - Upon A Time — Vintage Universal Geneve Polerouter Super...
    (3) Universal Geneve MOD Polerouter Super Anni 60 CON Scatola | eBay
    (4) Polerouter Super Automatic Overhauled Restored Micro Rotor | eBay
    (5) UNIVERSAL GENEVE POLEROUTER SUPER NOS CAL 69 MICROTOR WHITE DIAL STAIN – Time Titans
    (6) Casowatches - Universal Geneve Polerouter Super
    (7) La Mesure du Temps: Universal Geneve - Polerouter Super

and take a look at this 1960 advertisements.
    (8) La Cote des Montres : Ench?res Universal Gen?ve "Polerouter Super", 1960's. Fine self-winding, center second, stainless steel gentleman's wristwatch with date.
    (9) http://www.polerouter.de/images/adve...e*nt12-big.jpg

I found some inconsistencies and would like to pick on the wits and wisdom of some of the UG collectors

a. crystal- i believe that the adverts do not seem to suggest a cyclops, but is a cyclops with a slant towards the crown to the top half of the watch significant of it's originality?
    b. Just looking at the dials, the 2 adverts seem to suggest that the super does not seem to exist in a normal polerouter 2 tone bezel, as per the PR Dates and normal PR, as shown in exhibits (2) and (6). Exhibit (7) also seem to be slightly unique in its dial colour - are these originals?
    c. But what makes me wonder most is the crown. Advert (8) suggest a rounded crown, as shown in exhibit (4) (5) and (6), with a rounded crown. However, advert (9) suggests a stepped crown with a sort of cone coming out from the inside of a crown, as shown in (1), (2), (3) and (7). Most funnily, (3) and (4) seem to have the exact same dial, but the crown seems a bit different.

Could anyone shed light on this?

Re: polerouter super

and we've got this bollocks of an example going for 800 usd.

Universal Genve Polerouter Super for $825 for sale from a Seller on Chrono24

Quote Originally Posted by doralamer View Post
    I found some inconsistencies and would like to pick on the wits and wisdom of some of the UG collectors

a. crystal- i believe that the adverts do not seem to suggest a cyclops, but is a cyclops with a slant towards the crown to the top half of the watch significant of it's originality?
    b. Just looking at the dials, the 2 adverts seem to suggest that the super does not seem to exist in a normal polerouter 2 tone bezel, as per the PR Dates and normal PR, as shown in exhibits (2) and (6). Exhibit (7) also seem to be slightly unique in its dial colour - are these originals?
    c. But what makes me wonder most is the crown. Advert (8) suggest a rounded crown, as shown in exhibit (4) (5) and (6), with a rounded crown. However, advert (9) suggests a stepped crown with a sort of cone coming out from the inside of a crown, as shown in (1), (2), (3) and (7). Most funnily, (3) and (4) seem to have the exact same dial, but the crown seems a bit different.

Could anyone shed light on this?
    1. Trapezoidal magnifiers are a UG trademark. A better indication of originality is the "U" logo inside the crystal.

2. Advertisement are great for verification of originality, but just because a particular watch isn't featured in an advertisement doesn't make it a fake or franken.

3. Most models came with several dial and crown styles.

The only way to determine originality is lots and lots of experience. Since I'm not really familiar with the Polerouter Super, I'm not your guy.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Gator.

Yeah polerouter super seems rather interesting because of the slight variety in dials. I understand your points 1 and 2 but really trying to see if anyone can spot any obvious problem with the examples that were given above. Or does any one of the polerouters stick out at you.

More interestingly, the model timeline seem to be down on Polerouter - model timeline. The author doesn't seem to like setting out to reply emails as well...

best d
    dora

Quote Originally Posted by doralamer View Post
    The author doesn't seem to like setting out to reply emails as well...
    I'm not sure if the original author is still with us...
    gatorcpa

I realised that as well. He is still in our thoughts definitely because of the knowledge he seem to have with regards to the polerouter. Still the most valuable resource on the web..

Personally, what do you think of this peice?

Polerouter Super Automatic Overhauled Restored Micro Rotor | eBay

(1) Author says restored / overhauled and gave a very comprehensive overview about how he did it.
    (2) The steel bracelet, though not original does seem to make the entire watch look serious.
    (3) It has a great looking steel case, original crystal and great looking dial. I actually think it is quite unique given the normal 2-tone bevel that are the ones mostly floating around the market.
    (4) What bothers me is the crown. Personally, i like this better then the stepped crown on other Polerouter Supers, but I am bothered about whether it is original or not.

What do you guys think?

Definitely the wrong crown, as, I believe, is the one in #6 in the initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C. View Post
    Definitely the wrong crown, as, I believe, is the one in #6 in the initial post.
    Yes Tony, until i saw reference (8) or you can get the link here : La Cote des Montres : Ench?res Universal Gen?ve "Polerouter Super", 1960's. Fine self-winding, center second, stainless steel gentleman's wristwatch with date.

And after some investigation, i did find quite a number of other examples of this crowns in other examples, namely:

Casowatches - Universal Geneve Polerouter Super
    Universal Geneve Polerouter Super 869112/02 | Buy&sell watches

and thus the confusion D: ):

Thread Information