Been studying the polerouter super series, and I found several different models amongst the literature.
Let's look at the following samples:
(2) Omegaforums.net - Upon A Time â€” Vintage Universal Geneve Polerouter Super...
(3) Universal Geneve MOD Polerouter Super Anni 60 CON Scatola | eBay
(4) Polerouter Super Automatic Overhauled Restored Micro Rotor | eBay
(5) UNIVERSAL GENEVE POLEROUTER SUPER NOS CAL 69 MICROTOR WHITE DIAL STAIN â€“ Time Titans
(6) Casowatches - Universal Geneve Polerouter Super
(7) La Mesure du Temps: Universal Geneve - Polerouter Super
and take a look at this 1960 advertisements.
(8) La Cote des Montres : Ench?res Universal Gen?ve "Polerouter Super", 1960's. Fine self-winding, center second, stainless steel gentleman's wristwatch with date.
I found some inconsistencies and would like to pick on the wits and wisdom of some of the UG collectors
a. crystal- i believe that the adverts do not seem to suggest a cyclops, but is a cyclops with a slant towards the crown to the top half of the watch significant of it's originality?
b. Just looking at the dials, the 2 adverts seem to suggest that the super does not seem to exist in a normal polerouter 2 tone bezel, as per the PR Dates and normal PR, as shown in exhibits (2) and (6). Exhibit (7) also seem to be slightly unique in its dial colour - are these originals?
c. But what makes me wonder most is the crown. Advert (8) suggest a rounded crown, as shown in exhibit (4) (5) and (6), with a rounded crown. However, advert (9) suggests a stepped crown with a sort of cone coming out from the inside of a crown, as shown in (1), (2), (3) and (7). Most funnily, (3) and (4) seem to have the exact same dial, but the crown seems a bit different.
Could anyone shed light on this?