Portobello Market - Today buys
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Portobello Market - Today buys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Portobello Market - Today buys

So i passed by the Portobello Market today. unfortunately i got there a bit too late.. ( 10 30) .. and most of the bargains were sold. next week ill be there when it opens and i know exactly where to go. Lots of vintage watches.. most of the antique shops sell them and i think are around 1000- 2000 in mint condition ( brands like cartier longiness omega rolex etc) but the price is bit high for me... 800 - 4000 pounds.
    On the other hand outside on the road you can find good bargains. I got one as cheap as a bottle of coke and the other one still good price however i think i could have get it at a better price.

Anyway this is what i got. let me know what you think of them.

Delvina Geneve 17 jewels mechanical - didnt manage to open it so since is working perfectly i wont force the case. seems to be in very good condition as it has only minor scratches

Name:  DSC_3568.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  437.5 KB
    Name:  DSC_3570.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  456.9 KB
    Camy 17 jewels Club Star 1960's mechanical ( not really a bargain. I think id might have paid close to his real value). Good condition and keeping good time so far. --- Is it me or the dial is not straight?

Name:  DSC_3569.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  465.3 KB
    Name:  DSC_3571.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  463.6 KB
    Name:  DSC_3572.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  496.0 KB

After ill Clean them ill upload new pics. Just let me know what you guys think since this is my 1st purchase from a flee market
    Last edited by LoveSexAndDrugs; June 29th, 2013 at 15:29.
    OCDood and Colombo.D like this.

Re: Portobello Market - Today buys

Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSexAndDrugs View Post
    --- Is it me or the dial is not straight?
    It's either mee to, or super-glued to this Poljot movement:
    bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Poljot 2609.H

Sorry, disregarding the price no bargain. Hopefully the Delvina compensates for it, but after a close look to its dial I'm afraid, the seller only did it a bit better here.

Regards, Roand Ranfft
    Noam the Newt likes this.

Just let me know what you guys think since this is my 1st purchase from a flee market
    Bargain shopping is a fun game. Glad you found a couple.

Is it me or the dial is not straight?
    Not just you...Also why is the dot above the 2 instead of in the middle of the 12?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Unfortunately when you are a newbie like me it can happen. I spotted that only after i got home otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. i removed the steam and took out the mechanism but the dial seems to be stick to it and it does not move. Well I paid 20 pounds for it. SO i might have just been ripped off. I will try to resell it as it is and see what people offer for it. As for the Delvina I am really happy for the purchase. It was almost free and I really like the design. Next Saturday ill go there early and look only for bargains.
    Thanks for the reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Ranfft View Post
    Hi there,

It's either mee to, or super-glued to this Poljot movement:
    bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Poljot 2609.H

Sorry, disregarding the price no bargain. Hopefully the Delvina compensates for it, but after a close look to its dial I'm afraid, the seller only did it a bit better here.

Regards, Roand Ranfft

Quote Originally Posted by Paleotime View Post
    Bargain shopping is a fun game. Glad you found a couple.

Not just you...Also why is the dot above the 2 instead of in the middle of the 12?
    Ha didn't see that. good question. Well at least I am learning so next time I know what to look for when I buy.

So.. is it a fake? or is just the dial ?
    Last edited by LoveSexAndDrugs; June 29th, 2013 at 17:30.

Mmm
    Definition of a bargain?? ' Something you do not need but at a price too good to turn down'
    OCDood likes this.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by HOROLOGIST007 View Post
    Mmm
    Definition of a bargain?? ' Something you do not need but at a price too good to turn down'

not really something you don't need.. is just buying something at a small price.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSexAndDrugs View Post
    not really something you don't need.. is just buying something at a small price.
    Well lots of "small prices" add up, and if you don't need those pieces either to wear or as a part of a collection - it ends up as my definition.

Kind Regards
    adam
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

I happen to love CAMY watches, they have very attractive price and imo, above average quality. I currently have a small collection of 3 (used to have 4), and I was very excited to see the CAMY here. Unfortunately, there are many put together CAMY watches out of India and the UK, and somehow, they UK versions all seem to have the Poljot movement, seen here:

Job Lot of Vintage Gents Camy Wristwatches Mechanical Watches Spares or Repair | eBay

Based on my experience, CAMY has sourced their movements from the usual suspects: ETA, FHF, AS, etc. But they are a good enough company to always sign their movements. The ETA 2750 I had had the signed movement as well, also decorated bridges. Here are mine:

Name:  IMG_1461.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  208.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1462.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  260.2 KB
    Last edited by crazyfist; July 2nd, 2013 at 00:07.

nice collection crazyfist. It's a shame mine turned out to be a bad piece. I really liked the dial. I will probably sell it as spares. Wasn't so much money but a lost is a lost. And not the money I am sad about but the watch itself. Will see this saturday i will go early in the morning and I hope ill find some more.
    On the other hand Delvina was a great buy. I cleaned it. polished the crystal even though had just minor scratches and I already wore it two times. It's working perfectly i think lost about 30 sec in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by HOROLOGIST007 View Post
    Mmm
    How can you afford not to buy it?

I didn't need half the watches I own but got them at a great price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information