Post your railroad watch
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Post your railroad watch

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Picture Post your railroad watch

I have seen this in the other fourms of watchuseek I would like to see other railroad watch's so I will start it off with this.Elgin BW Raymond Serial no 26819569 made around 1923,21 jewel,lever set,adusted to 5 positions,16 size,invar balance and for any body to find a pallet fork for this invar balance it was hard it look's like a running man that's how it's shaped it's different than other raymonds,and I was told on this model case the bow is solid gold I notice elgin's with this case the bow's are missing a lot they have a differnt one on them so it mite be true. So let see some other railroad watches I started it off.
    Last edited by river rat; November 1st, 2008 at 18:07.

Re: Post your railroad watch

Well, we have seen this Howard before. A reprise might be in order however for, as far as I know, the only railroad watch that so states on the movement itself. This is a working model, probably actually used by a real working railroader judging by the low cost case (and it's condition) on a high cost movement.

I can't take any more pics as it is at my watchmaker's. It is out of spec in two positions and he is seeing if he can adjust it back to original specifications. That will be a nice feat if he can do it. He told me what it would cost for him to try ($75) and promised to stop after that initial effort... otherwise the cost would easily run into the hundreds with no promise the adjustment could actually be accomplished.

He has had this and my favorite Columbus hunter for a couple of months... good thing I have lots of other watches to divert me!

"Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I have a chrongragh wrist watch and a aircraft clock out at the watch maker going on a month or more he is fast most of the time but not this time the wait.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This Hamilton 992B used to belong to my grandfather, then my uncle, then me, now my son-in-law.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

In my recent post ..".Not Just Dollar watches" from about a 6 days ago in this forum, you all will find my Hamilton 950-B,and my Illinois 161-A 19J ,60 Hour Bunn Special Elinvar.

Rob31
    Last edited by Rob31; November 2nd, 2008 at 07:05.

Nice Hamilton 992B Ray now going on 4 generation's. I have been told that canadian railroad dial's are a little differnt may be you can shed some light on this.

Well one difference I see is the 24 hour dial versus the 12 hour on your Elgin and the Montgomery style dial on Eeeb's Howard.
    Ron in PA might be able to give more useful commentary, as I'm not really a RR grade expert.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Nice railroad wrist watches WIS Chronomaster I don't have any railroad wrist watches in my collection yet I was thinking of getting a vintage ball railroad std trainmaster wrist watch one of these day's.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information