Views: 5838
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  Tissot 1.jpg
Views: 5064
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  Tissot 2.jpg
Views: 5176
Size:  18.2 KB

i RECENTLY PURCHASED A TISSOT PR100 AND AM VERY CONCERNED AS TO IT'S AUTHENTICITY. ON THE FACE OF THE WATCH IT SAYS PR100 AND UNDER THAT IT SAYS SAPHIR AND NOT SAPPHIRE. ON THE BOTTOM OF THE FACE IT SAYS SWISS AND NOT SWISS MADE. THE BACK OF THE WATCH HAS BEEN REMOVED SO AS TO SEE THE MECHANICAL GUTS AND WHAT YOU SEE IS A CIRCUIT BOARD AND NOT THE USUAL GEARS. I AM VERY CONFUSED AND CONCERNED IN REGARDS TO IT BEING A HOOK. IF YOU CAN HELP IN LETTING ME KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL I WOULD BE GRATEFUL. I HAVE TRIED TO AD 3 PICTURES BUT DON'T KNOW IF THEY WILL TAKE OR NOT SEEINGS HOW THIS IS MY FIRST THREAD HERE. IF THEY DON'T YOU CAN SEE ALL OF THE PICS ON EBAY ITEM # 150433384599. PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOMETHING IF YOU CAN.

Re: Pr100 tissot concern

There's a "Saphir" watch on Ranftt's auction site: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...sau&1063810803

Obviously not the same (or even similar) but it does suggest that the "Saphir" brand name is legit. The use of "Swiss" on the dial is also valid for a watch. According to www.fhs.ch:

Watches, clocks and alarm clocks manufactured in Switzerland bear the designation "Swiss made" (or its abbreviation "Swiss") as well as the logo of the producer or distributor.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

I have never seen a Tissot PR 100 like this. The quartz movement dates it to the late 80's or later. (It is a standard Eta quartz, which are used by Tissot.) The caseback is laser etched, often done on fakes (and sometimes on real watches... but I do not remember Tissot using that process).

However, of all of Swatch's companies, Tissot has probably issued the largest variety of watches and some of them are as strange as this one.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the input although i am still somewhat in a queary with this watch. I only wished that i could know for sure what the status of this watche's authenticity is. if you can find any other info i would be grateful for it other wise i may just be forced to sell it out right.
    Last edited by bigbrother54; April 21st, 2010 at 03:05.

Have a look at my PR100

on the bottom of the dial it says P 460 SWISS T
    Attached Images Attached Images

tHANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THE PICS OF YOUR TISSOT. ITT HAS HELPED SO MUCH TO SET MY MIND AT EASE TO SEE THAT YOUR INNER MECH'S ARE AS THE ONES IN MY WATCH. HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD YOUR tISSOT? AND HOW OLD IS IT?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrother54 View Post
    Name:  Tissot 3.jpg
Views: 5838
Size:  33.6 KB

(...)IT SAYS SAPHIR AND NOT SAPPHIRE. (..)
    Hope you already know that saphir is french word for sapphire. Watch looks legit.

BTW - haven't you seen that you accidentaly pressed CapsLock - don't shout so loudly when it's not necessary

ty dbl for the input and no i wasn't paying attention to the fact that I had the caps lock on,lol. BTW how can you hear my so called screaming through typing words,lol. it always amazes me when people say to stop screaming when you are using your caps lock, anyway i do appologise if i hurt your ears didn't mean to. another BTW, do you yourself collect Tissot watches or are you a watch collector. I am only asking because you said that it looks legit but you never said anything about how you came to that conclusion and where the knowledge came from. i am not trying to be mean or rude but this is really important to me because it is very possible that this company is selling these hooks (if it is a hook) to alot of other innocent people and so this is why i have brought this to the internet to allow others that have their knowledge of tissot watches and other quality watches to the table to dine and give their own personnal input. now i also like to know how they came up with their knowledge of their own conclusions so that i can feel comfortable with that conclusion. i hope you understand and will humor me here for just a short wghile. are you a watch collector or do you own other Tissot watches that have the same appearance? please advise and i hope that i haven't offended you and if i have i appologise in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrother54 View Post
    ty dbl for the input and no i wasn't paying attention to the fact that I had the caps lock on,lol. BTW how can you hear my so called screaming through typing words,lol. it always amazes me when people say to stop screaming when you are using your caps lock, anyway i do appologise if i hurt your ears didn't mean to. another BTW, do you yourself collect Tissot watches or are you a watch collector. I am only asking because you said that it looks legit but you never said anything about how you came to that conclusion and where the knowledge came from. i am not trying to be mean or rude but this is really important to me because it is very possible that this company is selling these hooks (if it is a hook) to alot of other innocent people and so this is why i have brought this to the internet to allow others that have their knowledge of tissot watches and other quality watches to the table to dine and give their own personnal input. now i also like to know how they came up with their knowledge of their own conclusions so that i can feel comfortable with that conclusion. i hope you understand and will humor me here for just a short wghile. are you a watch collector or do you own other Tissot watches that have the same appearance? please advise and i hope that i haven't offended you and if i have i appologise in advance.
    It's OK. I don't feel offended at all. Simply text in capitals is harder to read.

Back to the watch. No I'm not a collector. I've seen similar Tissot PR100 on eBay. HK seller who advertises that he sells only genuine watches offered it. And in fact I've never seen any fakes offered by him.

Found another offer from Germany with the same case back as yours:
    http://cgi.ebay.pl/Schoene-guterhalt...-/280462112032

As I have no evidences, only thoughts I wrote that your watch looks legit.

First of all, if it reads Saphir on the dial, we may suspect that the crystal should be sapphire. I would check if it really is. Test is simple:

Take a watch in question and for comparison another watch with mineral glass.
    Degrease both crystal surfaces with isopropyl alcohol or other degreasing solvent.
    When the solvent evaporated completely put a drop of water on sapphire crystal and another one on mineral crystal.
    Then observe the contact angle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_angle) on both surfaces.

Mineral crystal (glass) is more hydrophylic and drop of water will spread on larger area. By comparison you will easily observe the difference.

I doubt anybody would install sapphire crystal to fake quartz watch.

Please keep us informed.

Great info and ty for not being offended. i have been really uptight about this watch thing and am finding myself being short with others from time to time and not meaning to be. the seller has been in touch with me since our last talk here and has expressed their honesty in that they are almost 100% certain that the watch is genuine as they say they bought it from a forienger and it had a 2 tone metal band with the Tissot emblem on it but removed the band and replaced it with the Tissot leather band because the original band was not in very good shape. I am leaning towards believing them as I have gotten several replys here from others that have expressed their beliefs that the watch is genuine. anyway thanks again and i will be more than glad to keep u up to date.

Thread Information