Pretty good looking ebel I picked up.... not sure of the age just yet... anyone care to guess?

Thread: Pretty good looking ebel I picked up.... not sure of the age just yet... anyone care to guess?

Pretty good looking ebel I picked up.... not sure of the age just yet... anyone care to guess?

have not removed the back to see movement just yet.... I decided to buy it just because I have not seen many ebel watches out there... I'm fairly certain this is not the original watch band?

Re: Pretty good looking ebel I picked up.... not sure of the age just yet... anyone care to guess?

Great watch, I had one that looked very similar, but with a copper dial, blued hands, screw-back, Steelinox case

Scott
    I'll be back if/when the forum software is updated.
    Until then:
    contact timesofplenty at ebay

Re: Pretty good looking ebel I picked up.... not sure of the age just yet... anyone care to guess?

There aren't many old Ebels about.

I would guess 1940's for both of these.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice watch and very similar to my Enicar Sport from the 1940s - 1950s. My 2 cents says 40s / 50s. Enjoy.

When you open the back check the 'Ranfft Pink Pages' if it has an Ebel 99 it will definately be prewar if it isn't it will likely be later than 1939. The Ebel 99 was based on an Aurore 182/232. Aurore was an ESA owned supplier that did not survive the war. If it's a 99, it's a gem, my Aurore 232 cased in a Lusserna keeps within a minute a week.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Ranfft has Aurore calibres dated post WWII. Or did you mean that they didn't survive the quartz crisis? Which would be correct - although that would apply to practically all the ESA ebaucheries except ETA.

Hartmut Richter

I stand corrected. The article I read did say that Aurore was restricted to making hand wind movements. I would like to know if that's true.

Thread Information