Pronto watch..any ideas about a movement 108 not signed further on?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SilkeN
  • 1 Post By bobbee
  • 1 Post By Roland Ranfft
  • 1 Post By SilkeN

Thread: Pronto watch..any ideas about a movement 108 not signed further on?

Pronto watch..any ideas about a movement 108 not signed further on?

Pronto watch & co dressed a a nice wrist watch movement in a "modern" Ladys pocket watch. This movement 108 has a indirekt sweep second and miss any shock-protection. Therefore it should be out of the end-thirties or a few years later:

Name:  Pronto.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  97.4 KB
    Diameter of the watch: 3,1 cm and a not very high quality nickel-chrome Case

Collecting Pocket watches FHF is the first choise if you see a unknown well done movement but 108 doesn't match. Until now I'd only know a Pronto owning by a friend with an AS Bumper movement. I thought Pronto Watch & Co (Leon Maitre & Fils SA/ Le Noirmont (until 90'er) and Langenhal since 1902) only produce ebouche. I was really surprised as I've found a in house movement in Rolands Database Bitfun out of 1945. He mentioned a gold lever and escapement wheel. Thit is not the case here. Because of the old lumina I don't want to look behind the dial if it isn't nessesary and I hope someone knows this movement. I still guess its probably ebouche.

Kind regards Silke
    bobbee likes this.
    That's what I think about today:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlUGeY7MWVo

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Re: Pronto watch..any ideas about a movement 108 not signed further on?

Cool watch Silke!
    That style shouts late twenties to me, and I love the colour of the aged radium. Re-dial companies call the shade "okra" I think, in attempts to copy how yours has aged naturally.
    Bob.
    SilkeN likes this.

Hi Silke,

I was crazy enough to enter "108" in the seach function, and as exspected it returned lots of calibres. But fortunately already the second was a match:
    bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: FEF 108

Keep in mind that many calibres of this line differ only refering the bridge shapes and the diameter, and the achive pic shows just any of them which is signed FEF 70. Moreover registers don't agree upon the assignment between calibre designator and size.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    bobbee likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks BOb for your reply. I've only some art deco gents watches out of this aera and not a good feeling for the age of these watches. I'm surpriced that they use nickel-chrome in the late twenties.

Regards Silke
    bobbee likes this.

Hi Roland,
    thanks a lot. It's really confusing for me to adapt differend styles as the crown weels, sweep second etc. together with different bridges. I've seen this movement but didn't realize that it was matching. FEF around 1920...not as young as I thought.

Thank's Silke

Thread Information