• 1 Post By thoth
  • 1 Post By bsshog40
  • 3 Post By priamo
  • 2 Post By Dan S
  • 1 Post By thoth
  • 1 Post By priamo

Thread: Put Your Money Where The Honest Watch Is

Put Your Money Where The Honest Watch Is

We have had plenty of threads bashing this country or that country but we never have any threads trying to raise up the good honest sellers who swim in the sea of shark fakers. India, Bulgaria, etc etc. Before you decide to bash me for bringing up these countries...I am simply pointing out the huge quantity of fakes that come out of some areas. These areas have taken a beating here and some people feel singled out and feel like there is just negative talk about the markets in some countries.

So here is the chance to put forward examples of honest watches with honest sellers in places we tend to associate with the franken watches. Can we be 100% accurate that something is not a redial...sure and posting here helps sort that too. So post a watch and say where the seller is. If you want to post a link to the listing, go for it. We should support the honest sellers. No self promotion though...you want to sell there is a place for that.

Both of these are from a guy in Delhi. Are all of his watches good...no but he points out if something is an original dial. He does not say if something was a redial but I am happy with at least half way.

If either of these is a redial or franken.....let me know but they look good to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (33).jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	251.7 KB 
ID:	13054521

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (35).jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	265.5 KB 
ID:	13054525
    bsshog40, marks55, busmatt and 3 others like this.

Re: Put Your Money Where The Honest Watch Is

I don’t look so much to the country, as I look at the sellers reputation and report. There are fakes coming out of every country. I’m glad WUS has has a reporting section to help with the problem, and also to give praise to the honest people! Vance.
    thoth, priamo and busmatt like this.
    Watch the time you have, Jesus is coming soon! “Faith is seeing the light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness.”

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

[Edit: never mind, I'm going to retract my whole statement. I was casting aspersions upon the hands of those watches, but I am having second thoughts.]

Original text:

I have some doubts about the hands on both of those watches (at least the second hand on the West End, which should be red), but I agree that they are much better than the usual. [Edit: upon closer inspection, I think that the FL hands actually do have a thin strip of lume, so they are probably ok.]

WOULD EVERYONE PLEASE STOP EDITING THEIR POSTS AFTER WRITING THEM AND SENDING THEM OFF?! IT'S AGAINST THE FORUM RULES ND MAKES LIFE DIFFICULT FOR THE MODERATORS! THANKS!

HARTMUT RICHTER
    Last edited by Hartmut Richter; April 13th, 2018 at 23:41.
    thoth and busmatt like this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    [Edit: never mind, I'm going to retract my whole statement. I was casting aspersions upon the hands of those watches, but I am having second thoughts.]

Please don't hold back. I welcome any information or views on the originality of the hands or dials or cases....heck even the crown...if it is seen.

It is how we all learn....especially me. I would rather be mistaken and post a sellers pic than be mistaken and post a pic of my own newly purchased watch.
    busmatt likes this.

I have a tendency to stick to USA sellers and sometimes will venture into Canada sellers also. I always look at feedback, make sure there are decent pics, and if I have any questions, post here. Most of my buys are thrift shops though and I don't mind giving a few dollars for something that may not turn out to be the best. I've had better luck than bad though.
    busmatt likes this.
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

Banned

I bought one Ruhla from a seller in Bulgaria. Sitalk on Ebay. Good experience and recommend. He has over 1300 vintage watches listed, serviced. Pocket, wrist. Mostly Russian and GDR, does have some Swiss names, but honestly described and photographed. Mine has the brass case and drilled lugs for $75. Hey, I like it.

Last edited by priamo; April 13th, 2018 at 17:04.
    busmatt, thoth and bsshog40 like this.

I've purchased a couple of watches from sellers in the Ukraine, and they were fine. However, I've just gone to look at their overall inventory, and it is 99% total crap, so I don't want to post their info. I guess this just proves that even bad sellers occasionally have good items, but you need to be careful and judge each item on its own merits.
    priamo and thoth like this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    I've purchased a couple of watches from sellers in the Ukraine, and they were fine. However, I've just gone to look at their overall inventory, and it is 99% total crap, so I don't want to post their info. I guess this just proves that even bad sellers occasionally have good items, but you need to be careful and judge each item on its own merits.
    Promote the good watches then. If the seller has good feedback and is honest with shipping and their business. then promoting the good honest watches they have makes sense.

If enough people buy only the good original watches and not the frankens....maybe sellers will see that the real market is the real watch not the junk. I may be fighting an uphill battle though.
    priamo likes this.

Banned

How bout some retro Swiss quartz and a Junghans from Sitalk ? I like the Junghans. Comes with original bracelet.

thoth likes this.

Thread Information