Question regarding vintage VC dress watch

Thread: Question regarding vintage VC dress watch

Question regarding vintage VC dress watch

My father recently bought this vintage wristwatch from a friend, does anyone know what model or have any general information about this Vacheron Constantin wristwatch? All I know is that it is between 30-35mm and is manual wind.

Name:  IMG_4766.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  144.5 KBName:  IMG_4769.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  155.2 KB

Re: Question regarding vintage VC dress watch

Looks like mid-1950's. They are a swiss luxary brand, they make nice watches. I hope your father got a good deal on it.

The cross concerns me as it's not perfectly positioned and with companies like VC you pay enough that they make dang sure everything is a perfect as possible. maybe applied later or the watch dial has been played with?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Top brands like this unfortunately spawn a lot of fakes. A movement pic would help.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to try to get my father to take it to a watch maker to get the caseback open. But I doubt that this is a fake as he bought it from a reputable used watch store that specializes in vintage watches with their own inhouse watchmaker in Hong Kong. I wouldn't be surprised if the dial was refinished as most of the watch there seem to have immaculate dials, so I think they all have been refinished to try to make them like new.
    Last edited by mrplow25; August 28th, 2012 at 20:52.

Quote Originally Posted by mrplow25 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I'm going to try to get my father to take it to a watch maker to get the caseback open. But I doubt that this is a fake as he bought it from a reputable used watch store that specializes in vintage watches with their own inhouse watchmaker in Hong Kong. I wouldn't be surprised if the dial was refinished as most of the watch there seem to have immaculate dials, so I think they all have been refinished to try to make them like new.
    Try to (if possible) get photos of the movement and the markings on the inside of the case back. There should be 2 numbers on the case back - one number is the serial # and the other the reference # (model number). If all checks out I think it would be worth getting the re-finished dial re-finished again to correct the problem with the VC logo.

Thread Information