Question for those knowledgeable on Timex electric watches.

Thread: Question for those knowledgeable on Timex electric watches.

Question for those knowledgeable on Timex electric watches.

Recently picked up a nice cushion case electronic for a couple bucks just because I haven't come across one yet. And being a Timex I knew that it most likely wouldn't work but hoped it would. I got the correct battery and put it in, gave the balance wheel a little flick and it started running to my suprise. Unfortunately it only runs face down. When tipped up the balance stops, I assume that it is wobbly and rubbing against something and that is the problem. The movement says 247 I believe. Does anyone know how I would go about fixing this?
    Last edited by Addictedtowatches; December 5th, 2012 at 01:41.
    --Charlie

-Citizen -Seiko -Heuer -Steinhart -Bulova -TagHeuer

Re: Question for those knowledgeable on Timex electric watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Addictedtowatches View Post
    Recently picked up a nice cushion case electronic for a couple bucks just because I haven't come across one yet. And being a Timex I knew that it most likely wouldn't work but hoped it would. I got the correct battery and put it in, gave the balance wheel a little flick and it started running to my suprise. Unfortunately it only runs face down. When tipped up the balance stops, I assume that it is wobbly and rubbing against something and that is the problem. The movement says 247 I believe. Does anyone know how I would go about fixing this?
    A pivot or the like is broken. You will never get parts, AFAIK, for such a Timex. Buy a donor watch that works and swap movements.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I recall reading something about a screw on the balance that can be tightened to adjust for this? No?
    --Charlie

-Citizen -Seiko -Heuer -Steinhart -Bulova -TagHeuer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree. Easier to find a donor movement. I have had that problem before and fixed it once, but can't remember how.. lol I think the balance staff was broken and I swapped one (the entire balance assembly) from another movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Addictedtowatches View Post
    I recall reading something about a screw on the balance that can be tightened to adjust for this? No?
    The screws are for adjusting, not repairing.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information