Questions about a Zodiac Sea Wolf

Thread: Questions about a Zodiac Sea Wolf

Questions about a Zodiac Sea Wolf

If I'm not mistaken, some of you have written about vintage Zodiac Sea Wolves. I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem concerning one such watch that I purchased on the bay. The photos did not misrepresent the watch, but the seller failed to disclose that someone (probably the seller himself) stuck a sharp instrument under the caseback in order to remove it. So brutal was the job that the caseback appears slightly bent in, leaving a small aperture between it and the case itself.

I was hoping to restore some measure of water-resistance to the watch by replacing the gasket, but now I wonder whether this is even possible. Can a caseback be bent back to seal the space? Is this even worth trying?

Anyhow, for reference, here is the watch:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120573152920

Does it look okay otherwise? I'm not familiar with Sea Wolves.

Thanks so much for letting me trouble you.

Re: Questions about a Zodiac Sea Wolf

One of the posters on previous threads on Zodiacs specializes in reparing them. If you do a seach for threads on Zodiac I think there's a link or email for him. If anyone can answer your question he can. If your case is not repairable you might be able to obtain a NOS case.

That's a real shame.

There is also a Zodiac collectors site:

http://vintagezodiacs.com/index.php
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They are pressed case backs on those early Zodiac's I have a Zodiac Aerospace GMT same case they don't have a screw down crown so thinking about getting it back to going into the water is a bad idea.It's a shame they damage the case hope it can be fixed.I think they used a O-ring in the crown I have a early no name diver that still has the O-Ring on the stem of the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by eduard69 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, some of you have written about vintage Zodiac Sea Wolves. I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem concerning one such watch that I purchased on the bay. The photos did not misrepresent the watch, but the seller failed to disclose that someone (probably the seller himself) stuck a sharp instrument under the caseback in order to remove it. So brutal was the job that the caseback appears slightly bent in, leaving a small aperture between it and the case itself.

I was hoping to restore some measure of water-resistance to the watch by replacing the gasket, but now I wonder whether this is even possible. Can a caseback be bent back to seal the space? Is this even worth trying?

Anyhow, for reference, here is the watch:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120573152920

Does it look okay otherwise? I'm not familiar with Sea Wolves.

Thanks so much for letting me trouble you.
    I have been repairing Zodiacs for the past 30 years. When Zodiac when out of business in 1979 I took over the national service of these watches. I may have a back for this watch. Please feel free to give me a call at 212-869-6999 or you can visit my sit at rongordonwatches.com

It's too late now, but while you were on vaction, a Zodiac Aerospace GMT, missing the bezel, came up on ebay. I would have tried to purchase it if I could have confirmed parts avaiability. Would you of had a bezel? It's been bugging me.

Thread Information