Questions on Epervier.

Thread: Questions on Epervier.

v76

Question Questions on Epervier.

Does anyone have a Zenith Epervier? If yes, photos would be very welcome!

Is anyone aware of the number of Eperviers produced, and how many were the 17 jewel version, and how many the 31 jewel? Apart from the varying jewel count is there any difference with the El Primero? Was this watch produced for a particular market/target customers (or produced in Besancon)? Any additional info/anecdotes are much appreciated ...
    Last edited by v76; December 17th, 2010 at 22:20.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Questions on Epervier.

Can't say anything on the production numbers. The extra jewelling in the El Primero (31 vs. 17) is in the automatic winding and chronograph mechanism. So, running the chrono might cause more friction and impair accuracy and the winding may not be quite as efficient. Apart from that, no change.

Epervier apparently means "sparrow hawk" (not sure in what language, though). The Epervier line included other watches, including quartz ones.

Hartmut Richter

v76

Re: Questions on Epervier.

I've seen a couple of ads in which they've indicated the Epervier has 31 jewels, not sure about that though (from the information you've given me).
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Thread Information