Rado Conway authentic?

Thread: Rado Conway authentic?

Rado Conway authentic?

Looking for some help with a Rado Conway (c. 1970) bought on Ebay from a Beverly Hills outfit. Looks very good for 43+ years? Case back looks nothing like Conways I've researched. Has Rado/Water Sealed mark. However, surrounding that are the words: "stainless steel", "automatic", "1187-sj" and "water proof in very clear letters. No serial or model numbers as I've seen on other backs from that era. I know the crystal has been replaced and new band was disclosed. Lume on hands only. Any help confirming what I am already thinking would be appreciated.

Re: Rado Conway authentic?

Don't know how to delete post as I have solved this problem with more comparisons. Script on face was wrong. Going back to Beverly Hills.

I was just composing a post for you. I found yours on ebay under the completed listings. You are correct, the dial has been refinished with incorrect type. That is only one of the issues I have with that watch. I think you are making a wise decision.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the effort Henry. I'm not normally a vintage guy but the watch caught my eye. I would have liked to open the case to see if at least the movement was correct. I owe some thanks to Mike (184) as his history of posts and site helped me to acknowledge what I already sensed. Thanks Mike! Although I would have liked the watch, I now know more about RADO watches than the average person so all is not lost.

Thread Information