Raduga URSS watch made for export with 2809 movement. Is it chronometer version of Vostok??
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By laikrodukas
  • 1 Post By thoth
  • 1 Post By pmwas
  • 1 Post By ManOnTime
  • 1 Post By pmwas
  • 1 Post By mkws
  • 1 Post By pmwas

Thread: Raduga URSS watch made for export with 2809 movement. Is it chronometer version of Vostok??

Raduga URSS watch made for export with 2809 movement. Is it chronometer version of Vostok??

Hi!
    i already post this question on a old - old thread and if i think better it is best to post it here:
    i have just got a Raduga (Rainbow) URSS watch made for export. My question is if it is the chronometer version of 2809 inside and if the year of production can be deduced...
    here are the pictures. Thank you!!

Re: Raduga URSS watch made for export with 2809 movement. Is it chronometer version of Vostok??

bluestifford and CorneliusT like this.
    Chaos is my focus

Re: Raduga URSS watch made for export with 2809 movement. Is it chronometer version of Vostok??

CorneliusT likes this.
    https://www.ThePassthrough.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice watch!!!
    Sometimes it's hard to tell chronometer from non-chronometer 2809, as they were not marked. Nontheless, 2809 surely is among the very best watch movements made in USSR and better than many Swiss basic calibers of the time :)
    CorneliusT likes this.
    Have a great day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pmwas View Post
    Nice watch!!!
    Sometimes it's hard to tell chronometer from non-chronometer 2809, as they were not marked. Nontheless, 2809 surely is among the very best watch movements made in USSR and better than many Swiss basic calibers of the time :)
    Well I would hope so, as the chronometer 2809 is basically a copy of the Zenith 135.

The 2809s that met the similar-to-COSC chronometer specs have a Reed's regulator and 22 jewels. Those that did not meet the specs were designated 2809B, contain 18 jewels and have a basic regulator.
    CorneliusT likes this.
    Contact Info:
    Telegram: MoT
    Text: 6124245149
    WhatsApp: +16124245149
    'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
    'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
    I love deals on watches!

Again, it's probably not THAT easy. The 22 j movements were used in Vostok Precision and Volna (later plain Vostok) watches. It's said the VP were the chronometer, while Volna/Vostok - not. But I have no good proof of this theory for you.
    CorneliusT likes this.
    Have a great day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManOnTime View Post
    Well I would hope so, as the chronometer 2809 is basically a copy of the Zenith 135.
    Not an exact copy. Just the fact, that it has been designed to leave as much space for the balance as possible. The layout and gear train arrangement are completely different from the Zenith 135.
    CorneliusT likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

I think the scarce sub second 2802 was much more like the 135 and the 2809 is the c/s version with center second pinion driven by the double 3rd gear. I wonder what's the Zenith's center bearing for... in 2802 it's for the center arbor that just carried the cannon pinion, that's all. In 2809 the cannon pinion is simply placed on a hollow, fixed post.
    CorneliusT likes this.
    Have a great day!!!

Thread Information