Ranfft movement archive
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ranfft movement archive

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ranfft movement archive

Hi guys,

Anyone else recently having problem of R.R.'s archive pages not loading?

Regards.

Re: Ranfft movement archive

Quote Originally Posted by balaton View Post
    Hi guys,

Anyone else recently having problem of R.R.'s archive pages not loading?

Regards.
    Just tried, all good. Perhaps you might have an update pending for your browser? Sometimes when I can't get page to load it so happens that a browser update is pending.
    Nobody knows Everything, but Everybody knows Something!

Thank you kindly for the suggestion, but it's unlikely as this problem has been ongoing now for the past few weeks. Anyway, glad yours is OK.

Regards.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ranfft is all good in the Southern Hemisphere.

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements

Regards,

Thanks James, good to know. Tried it on the laptop which seems to be fine - just my main working PC that has the issue, although was OK for years.

I'll have a little investigate.

Cheers.

Hi there,

sorry, can't help much unless many have the same problem, and I can verify it with the same browser. I can only say that the programs were not modified the last 4 years. And they don't spy out the activities of visitors - no scripts running on the visitor's computer, and even no cookies. I.e. my server sends nothing but ordinary html, and it communicates only with the last sent page, not with the computer.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    busmatt likes this.

I just tried it and, for me, it took a bit of time to load, but it worked
    Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

Dr. Ranfft, I want to thank you for your wonderful resource; I've been putting together a small collection of unusual vintage wristwatches including some heirlooms and your database has been very helpful.

It usually loads reliably but there have been times in the last few months where it's been slow enough that I give up and come back later. My guess is network transport problems, totally outside of your control. I just tried it; the main page loaded in maybe three seconds and a search completed in about the same time. Clicking a movement link from the search took less than a second.

Thanks again
    Dave
    If it's a good meter, it's a Fluke.
    Hang my self when I get enough rope. (It's a Tubes lyric, from the mid 70's; song's called "White Punks on Dope". Enough said?)
    The difference between 12 and 21 is dyslexia.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Ranfft View Post
    Hi there,

sorry, can't help much unless many have the same problem, and I can verify it with the same browser. I can only say that the programs were not modified the last 4 years. And they don't spy out the activities of visitors - no scripts running on the visitor's computer, and even no cookies. I.e. my server sends nothing but ordinary html, and it communicates only with the last sent page, not with the computer.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I've found the archive invaluable over the years and never with any problems. Now, mostly, the start page opens OK, although sometimes incomplete. Main issue is with opening individual makers &/or individual movements and I guess that the problem lies with my PC. I'll now introduce it to my lump hammer in the hope that improves the situation.

Regards.

It's not just a movement archive. Besides other things, I use it also for checking US-import codes for example. Everything shows up fine and fast, as usual throughout the years. There are no elements on the pages besides plain html that could cause such an issue; could be the browser, a traffic issue (also local time and traffic related), or whatever. Very difficult to pin down.

And yes, it could also be the PC itself, embedded in ever increasing Internet traffic (also caused sometimes by 10MB unedited pics of vintage watches). I changed mine after years last week, which was always treated well and cleaned from junk and leftovers on a frequent basis. I have an excellent source for used business equipment coming back under short leasing contracts, SSD disks, 32MB ram, top processor and what have you ...Word documents and Excel sheets etc. open and close so fast that you can't believe it at first, likewise the boot process and shut down. No coffee break during waiting, shutdown of Win10 Pro is less then four seconds.
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:01.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information