re French watch webpages, photos

Thread: re French watch webpages, photos

re French watch webpages, photos

It would be nice to be able to feature some of the photos on the site I'm building to be able to feature some of the photos that have been added to some of my threads on here about French brands. For example some great Mortima's have shown up, and people like Mirus and Marrick have shown brands that I don't have myself so having them all together in one place would help build a "one stop" reference stop for anyone interested.

Obviously I'd credit all the owners properly, as I would do anyone who has any info to contribute also.

It's just an idea at the moment as I wouldn't want to offend anyone by just taking them, so your feedback on this will be the deciding factor in whether I persue the idea.

Many thanks to you all for taking an interest in my project
    John
    Watch Website: www.chambresdebelair.com/watches.html last update 07/11/2012

Re: re French watch webpages, photos

I'm happy for you to copy any of my pics John.

As Eeeb's mentioned, you'll need to provide a linkback to this forum anyway.

Keep up the bon work!
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Re: re French watch webpages, photos

There is now a French language forum on WUS. I suspect they would welcome some posts... but you might have to translate.

As to copying pics, WUS has a right to archive and continue to display anything you post. But the actual posts (and pics) are the property of the poster. You do have the right to quote extracts of copyrighted material. How much is an extract is something you pay lawyers to research.

It this were to be a commercial enterprise, explicit rights should be obtained. For general reference, the owner can always ask the pic be taken down if they object. So I wouldn't worry too much. (Just don't use my pics in eBay sales... that does irritate me.)
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information