Real or fake omega seamaster deville?

Thread: Real or fake omega seamaster deville?

Question Real or fake omega seamaster deville?

Rare Vintage OMEGA Seamaster Winding Date Mens Watch - eBay (item 290469433608 end time Sep-06-10 11:40:40 PDT)

Case looks like deville. Dial says seamaster.

Crown apparently is original. Cross hair Dial repainted.
    Caliber 610. 17 jewel manual

From the web...
    OMEGA Watches With Multiple Model Names On Them

There are certain watches where you will see two model line names on the same watch. During the 1960's, a number of watches were released under the combined "Seamaster DeVille" name--combining the water-resistant Seamaster cases with the more advanced movements found in the DeVille line.

Another series of dual-name watch are certain Speedmaster models where the case back says Seamaster. These were to promote that the Speedmaster contained superior water resistance, a feature uncommon in many chronographs at the time.

Banned

Re: Real or fake omega seamaster deville?

I'd pass on that. At the very least it's a poor redial. The original was almost definitely not black with white cross hairs. Alpha style hands make me think they're replacements for the usual dauphine style. The movement is from 1961 if I read that serial number correctly (18,8xx,xxx?) but I'm not sure that case style was available yet (wait for confirmation on that). Also, the case should be plated with 20 microns of gold but that one sure isn't. Too many fishy things happening to chance it. At that price you can find a much better original example.

Re: Real or fake omega seamaster deville?

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    I'd pass on that. At the very least it's a poor redial. The original was almost definitely not black with white cross hairs. Alpha style hands make me think they're replacements for the usual dauphine style. The movement is from 1961 if I read that serial number correctly (18,8xx,xxx?) but I'm not sure that case style was available yet (wait for confirmation on that). Also, the case should be plated with 20 microns of gold but that one sure isn't. Too many fishy things happening to chance it. At that price you can find a much better original example.
    Thx I passed. I figure with a little more money I can buy a new Hamilton that has vintage styling.

Thread Information