Real or not?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Real or not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or not?

The seller of this alleged Longines USN BuShips agreed to my offer, and it is on its way. I've contacted Longines, but no response yet. I have not seen a verified one with the "waterproof" on the dial. What do you guys think?

Re: Real or not?

Mmm. Usually you contact Longines prior to buying?

Dial says "Incabloc" but the shock protection on that watch is 'Shockresist'
    I am not saying that makes it a fake, but I would want to check that.

Dail may be re-worked but not recently.

Letr us know what Longines says

A
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Longines didn't put Incabloc or Waterproof on their dials so that is fake. The movement has LXW stamped on the balance cock and this means it was imported to the US and the case was most likely made in the US so it shouldn't have Longines Watch Co Swiss on the back and why on the inside as well? Most Lonignes watches I have has just Longines stamped on the inside of the case back but never Longines Watch Co Swiss. This would mean that both case and movement was shipped separately to the US then assembled there but then it should have some mark saying so.

There is a industry making these USN BuShip cases and case backs so most likely most of these watches you can find on the net are fakes and it's not only watches so be aware of anything military from this period as it's big money.
    Last edited by Shum; February 15th, 2015 at 00:51.
    HOROLOGIST007 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I made an offer in haste. Will post Longines reply. Thanks, this is very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HOROLOGIST007 View Post
    Mmm. Usually you contact Longines prior to buying?

Dial says "Incabloc" but the shock protection on that watch is 'Shockresist'
    I am not saying that makes it a fake, but I would want to check that.

Dail may be re-worked but not recently.

Letr us know what Longines says

A

This is very helpful, thank you. Glad there is an Ebay guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Shum View Post
    Longines didn't put Incabloc or Waterproof on their dials so that is fake. The movement has LXW stamped on the balance cock and this means it was imported to the US and the case was most likely made in the US so it shouldn't have Longines Watch Co Swiss on the back and why on the inside as well? Most Lonignes watches I have has just Longines stamped on the inside of the case back but never Longines Watch Co Swiss. This would mean that both case and movement was shipped separately to the US then assembled there but then it should have some mark saying so.

There is a industry making these USN BuShip cases and case backs so most likely most of these watches you can find on the net are fakes and it's not only watches so be aware of anything military from this period as it's big money.

Hmmm. The lack of any U.S. contract number or quartermasters supply number on the case back concerns me most.

U.S. military on any issued item whether a shirt, backpack or watch would bear some markings somewhere.

This looks like a standard military style wristwatch from that time period, marketed as something it isn't.

It would be nice if Longines response proves me wrong.
    Bodyblue likes this.
    " I like Chiken farming and old clock " --- Anon

The engraving of the 'BuShip' od the case back looks like BS imho. Much newer then the rest of the script.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaBaeker View Post
    The engraving of the 'BuShip' od the case back looks like BS imho. Much newer then the rest of the script.
    yep, newer and with a non military font.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by artibeus View Post
    This is very helpful, thank you. Glad there is an Ebay guarantee.
    eBay sides with buyers most of the time on things like this, BUT you are going to have to prove that it is a fake and you will need some kind of documentation to prove it if you are going to win since the seller does not take returns. Best practice is not to every buy something this expensive from a vendor that does not take returns. Hope everything goes your way!

I'm hoping the Longines response provides adequate documentation about his watch being a fake. Although I didn't pay the asking price, I want my money back, as this vendor is misrepresenting the provenance of the watch. The WUS community feedback has been very helpful and a steep learning curve. Than you WUSers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information