Recommended reading material

Thread: Recommended reading material

Recommended reading material

Hi all.
    Am really enjoying the whole world of vintage watch collecting. I now have 10 timepieces, mainly Crotons, Gruens and Bulovas both manual wind and selfwinding. The thing is i have no real idea how they work and what makes them tick. (Sorry about the awfull pun!).
    I have just purchased a copy of Practical Watch Repairing by Donald de Carle but it assumes the reader has an understanding of the basics. Can anybody recommend any other publications that would help this novice out? Cheers.

Re: Recommended reading material

Hi -

Can't help you too much there, as my education on watchmaking was largely via German manuals for apprentice watchmakers and the Jendritzki/Stern/Heydt book on repairing watches and pocket watches. It has been reissued, but is only available in German.

But you might well want to pick up the George Daniel's book "Watchmaking" for the words of the master... It can be found on Amazon (which is where I bought my copy).

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Re: Recommended reading material

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information