Removing EB 8800 stem from movement

Thread: Removing EB 8800 stem from movement

Removing EB 8800 stem from movement

Hi Guys I have a question about a Bettlach or EB 8800 movement. The stem is broken off in it and I cannot figure how to get it out. I have taken stems out of other movements but this one has me stumped. Sorry about the double pictures. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Benruslover

Name:  SAM_6729.JPG
Views: 1448
Size:  426.4 KBName:  SAM_6731.JPG
Views: 1368
Size:  422.2 KBName:  SAM_6729.JPG
Views: 1448
Size:  426.4 KBName:  SAM_6731.JPG
Views: 1368
Size:  422.2 KB

Re: Removing EB 8800 stem from movement

[QUOTE=Benruslover;5847885]Hi Guys I have a question about a Bettlach or EB 8800 movement. The stem is broken off in it and I cannot figure how to get it out. I have taken stems out of other movements but this one has me stumped. Sorry about the double pictures. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Benruslover/QUOTE]

Disassemble it and the remainder should fall out of the winding pinion/clutch. p
    Courtesy of ULF.

Thanks you pithy I will give it a try. Benruslover

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The arrows point at the setlever.

The red arrow points to the shaft on which the setlever pivots. This shaft protrudes through the bridge on the other side of the movement and is depressed to allow removal of the stem under normal circumstance.

The green arrow point to the stud which protruding from the other side of the setlever. This stud engages a notch in the stem thereby retaining it and facilitating the transition between setting and winding.

p
    Attached Images Attached Images

Courtesy of ULF.

Thanks Pithy That makes more sense. I tried that but I guess I did not push hard enough. It should slip right out then. I have never worked on these before and was unfamiliar with it. Thanks so much for the pictures They really help a lot. Benruslover

You may have to depress that button even slightly below the level of the bridge. If you give the movement a rap against the bench top - the stem may fall out. I view this as an almost single use caliber. Note the mainspring barrel mounting. Crude. p
    Courtesy of ULF.

Thanks Pithy I got it! Now I will know for next time. You are all great. Benruslover

Hi Pithy I know this is not an expensive movement or a great movement. I have worked on some of the Benrus Fe calibers which is an ETA 2451 that has much respect in the watch community. Any movement that I can get running is a success. I get stuck on some of the dumbest things and I am so glad there is someone to turn to if needs be. Thank you Benruslover

Hi,i recently obtained a 8800 movt to practice on.i stripped it and then cleaned it and re-assembled it up to the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th wheels.i took photos so i could remember the order but some turned out a little fuzzy! could anyone help me with photos etc to show me in which order they go? i am fine with everything else.thanks The Bolt.

Thread Information