Request for help with two Elgin Pocket Watches

Thread: Request for help with two Elgin Pocket Watches

Request for help with two Elgin Pocket Watches

Good Morning everyone-

Since I am the resident WIS at my reserve unit, my commanding officer asked if I could come up with any information on the pocket watches he inherited from his father. By going through old advertisements, I think the gold one dates from the 1930s. My guess is, Elgin had a huge variety of watches and I may be looking for a needle in a haystack. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Dive: Raven Vintage 42mm; Orient: Pepsi Mako & Mako USA; Seiko: 007 & Monster

Sport: Seiko Chrono 7T32-7F69 & Alpinist; Orient World Diver; G-Shock Mudman

Dress: Seiko Quartz Dress 7N39-5A80; Bulova Smithsonian Rose Window; Orient GMT

Re: Request for help with two Elgin Pocket Watches

there are serial n umber databases online for elgin that will tell you the year grade and such of these watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think both watches have threaded casebacks that should just unscrew to open. Just make sure you grip the watches firmly, but carefully, when you do this, or you won't have a watch, you'll have a watch-shaped missile flying out of your hands.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

I think both watches have threaded casebacks that should just unscrew to open. Just make sure you grip the watches firmly, but carefully, when you do this, or you won't have a watch, you'll have a watch-shaped missile flying out of your hands.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Fantastic Gents! I really appreciate it!
    Dive: Raven Vintage 42mm; Orient: Pepsi Mako & Mako USA; Seiko: 007 & Monster

Sport: Seiko Chrono 7T32-7F69 & Alpinist; Orient World Diver; G-Shock Mudman

Dress: Seiko Quartz Dress 7N39-5A80; Bulova Smithsonian Rose Window; Orient GMT

You're welcome. Once you've got the casebacks off, you'll be able to read all the details about the watch inside, engraved on the movement, such as jewelling count, date, adjustments, model-number etc.

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Thread Information