Revue with Buser movement
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Roland Ranfft
  • 1 Post By mkws

Thread: Revue with Buser movement

Revue with Buser movement

I got as a sidekick of a deal of Certina DS a Revue watch. The watch has a rare Buser movement B 142. I have never seen one before, it has a unique wheeltrain construction with extra wheels compared to an ordinary centersecond movement.
    Revue, Buser, Vulcain, Marvin and Phenix pooled 1965 their resources and founded MRS =Manufacturese Suisses Reunis = United Swiss Manufacturers, so this must be sortly before that also watch has an engraving dating it to 1967.
    Sadly watch is non-operational condition, it has a broken wheel.
    B142 is a 12 ligne movement. The watch has a 35 mm case with quality plating.

Name:  P5154332.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  P5154333.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  98.7 KB

Name:  P5154334.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  155.4 KB

Re: Revue with Buser movement

Hi there,

when merging, the members of the MSR obviously cleaned their stocks from movements and parts they didn't want to continue. I've seen quite some pretty strange combinations from that time, and likely almost all are authentic. I don't know the Buser 142, but it is obviously the Buser 145 automatic without selfwinding module. Maybe they ran short with the automatic parts and created a new calibre instead of producing the missing parts.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    busmatt likes this.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Yes, you can see the extra holes to hold the automatic winding bridge, plus the place where the auto mechanism connects with the mainspring wheel. That watch must have been on a NATO strap for quite a part of its life - the pattern is etched into the case back!

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not necessarily a NATO strap has caused this. For quite some time - I believe that this "fashion" has ended in the 1990s- quite often people used to wear watches on coarse nylon straps, with the quality of materials used being far worse than what one would expect from a NATO. They are still around, I've seen some recently for 2 bucks a strap. Three of the watches I own have this pattern "etched" into the caseback. The OP's watch hasn't got this "etching" as bad as many other watches I've seen. Some polishing might help, the "etching" isn't usually that deep. Annoying feature, though.
    busmatt likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

That's the sort I was thinking of. I have a BWC that was given to me on one of those straps and it has the same pattern. I always thought of those as a primitive sort of NATO strap - maybe I'm wrong. I associated the pattern with the sweat accumulating in the strap and etching the case back - maybe I'm wrong on that too!

Hartmut Richter

The strap which tends to make this pattern is much shorter than a NATO, and has a slightly different construction of the buckle. It's a single-piece strap, that's really the only thing that's common for both of them. I guess both the presence of sweat and quality of the material play a role here.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Thread Information