Revue Piccolo help needed.

Thread: Revue Piccolo help needed.

Revue Piccolo help needed.

I recently picked up this watch on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVUE-Pic...vip=true&rt=nc

I liked the design, especially the slightly eccentric wording and it's got a nice Revue 59 shockproof movement.
    I have two questions the first, does anyone know anything about the Piccolo? I've been unable to find any mention of it anywhere.
    Secondly it has an interesting emblem on the case back. It looks like a German Eagle on a shield with a Crown above. I have a feeling I have seen this emblem before but I haven't got a clue where. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Harvey.

Unhappy Re: Revue Piccolo help needed.

Another buy first and ask later.

Re: Revue Piccolo help needed.

By the looks of it, I don't think that watch has any relation to the military. I'm not an expert on military watches though. I would also think that the case would have been at least stainless and not chrome plated.
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I haven't learnt anything interesting yet!
    The watch is a nice slim dress watch with no military pretensions. The Review Sport with the same movement and of the same period is clearly aimed at that market. My interest in this watch was that it was different in style to most watches of the time.
    Had I thought the emblem on the back had any military meaning I would have asked a question on MWR where the experts in that area reside.

Regards Harvey

I can't answer either of your questions with certainty, but I have a couple of thoughts. Maybe not interesting to you, but it's the best I've got.

- There is similar engraving on the back of this one: Nice Revue Thommen antimagnetic watch in stainless steel from the 1950?s | Laurent Fine Watches

- @bsshog40's comment on the connection to the military was presumably related to the eBay listing, which advertised the watch as such. You can certainly choose to wear it as a dress watch, but the black dial with luminous arabic numerals would make it a "military-style" watch, which was quite common at the time.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Farmer View Post
    I haven't learnt anything interesting yet!
    The watch is a nice slim dress watch with no military pretensions. The Review Sport with the same movement and of the same period is clearly aimed at that market. My interest in this watch was that it was different in style to most watches of the time.
    Had I thought the emblem on the back had any military meaning I would have asked a question on MWR where the experts in that area reside.

Regards Harvey
    Dan is correct as I was referring to the ebay description. I'm sorry you ain't learnt anything yet. I was only giving my opinion of what I know. Your response seems to be very rude though, and I won't be giving you anymore of my opinions! Go to where " the experts in that area reside"!
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    I can't answer either of your questions with certainty, but I have a couple of thoughts. Maybe not interesting to you, but it's the best I've got.

- There is similar engraving on the back of this one: Nice Revue Thommen antimagnetic watch in stainless steel from the 1950?s | Laurent Fine Watches

- @bsshog40's comment on the connection to the military was presumably related to the eBay listing, which advertised the watch as such. You can certainly choose to wear it as a dress watch, but the black dial with luminous arabic numerals would make it a "military-style" watch, which was quite common at the time.

Thanks a lot that was indeed very helpful with both watches being made at about the same time. Certainly seems that the engraving was a Revue thing. I'll have to keep a lookout for more examples in the future.
    My guess is that Piccolo would only have been used for a short time and then quietly forgotten.
    I agree the word military needs to be taken with a very large pinch of salt I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the word "Serviced" is more accurate.

Regards Harvey.

Thread Information