Revue Thommen Identify help

Thread: Revue Thommen Identify help

Revue Thommen Identify help

hello,

I am thinking of buying this Revue Thommen watch, could you help me identify model and ca. price? Name:  34b6-42b6-43b8-84c1-4d3b59ef78ad.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  45.9 KB

Thanks for your help:)

Br
    Jesper

Re: Revue Thommen Identify help

Welcome to the forum!
    We don't give valuations here. Opinions on prices- yes (bargain/average/rip-off). Model ID? Not to my knowledge did these watches have a model name or anything. Looks like it's from circa 1950 (give or take 5 years).
    The photo is WAY too small to determine if it's a redial or not, and without the movement picture it's impossible all the same to verify the watch completely.
    Last edited by mkws; February 10th, 2016 at 22:12.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mkws View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    We don't give valuations here. Opinions on prices- yes (bargain/average/rip-off). Model ID? Not to my knowledge did these watches have a model name or anything. Looks like it's from circa 1950 (give or take 5 years).
    The photo is WAY too small to determine if it's a redial or not, and without the movement picture it's impossible all the same to verify the watch completely.
    OK. Im new here so sorry for the trouble lack of picuture, see if a can get a better one. It is priced 80 dollars. I believe its a Revue Thommen Sport and i know it has mechanical movement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

80 bucks? Well, it's not a rip-off, I've paid something close to that for my first vintage watch (a '39 Tissot).
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Actually it is not Revue Thommen, it is Revue.
    Gedeon Thommen was the founder of Revue. From 30's Revue had two production lines. watches and flight instruments.
    At early 50's those were separated as two different companies Revue: watches and Thommen: flight instrument.
    1987 Thommen (Thommen Aircraft Equipment Ltd) took over Revue watch company and it was renamed Revue Thommen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hessu View Post
    Actually it is not Revue Thommen, it is Revue.
    Gedeon Thommen was the founder of Revue. From 30's Revue had two production lines. watches and flight instruments.
    At early 50's those were separated as two different companies Revue: watches and Thommen: flight instrument.
    1987 Thommen (Thommen Aircraft Equipment Ltd) took over Revue watch company and it was renamed Revue Thommen.
    You are absolutely right Name:  b12e-5889-495b-b7fe-53faaabb8f98.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  69.7 KB
    but is it a redial?

To say if it's a redial, as I have said- a better picture is needed. The dial appears to be signed Revue Sport, which is OK.
    Last edited by mkws; February 11th, 2016 at 23:11. Reason: Fixed a typo
    Edgar Allan Poe

George Orwell

Erich Maria Remarque

Quote Originally Posted by mkws View Post
    To say of it's a redial, as I have said- a better picture is needed. The dial appears to be signed Revue Sport, which is OK.
    OK and thanks

Thread Information