Rexor De Luxe Diver- I can't find any information on the brand
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dan S
  • 1 Post By Chascomm
  • 2 Post By balaton

Thread: Rexor De Luxe Diver- I can't find any information on the brand

Rexor De Luxe Diver- I can't find any information on the brand

Hello all,

As the title states. This is a Rexor De Luxe and I can't find any information on the brand.
    I came across this oddity and wanted some sage advice or knowledge about this watch/watch company. I like it but I don't know if it is worth collecting or is it just some no name watch with no "collectible" value. I know that values of watches are not accepted, so let me present it to you this way.
    If I was to introduce the seller to my friend Benjamin Franklin then the seller is likely to introduce me to this watch. <wink, wink>

Here are the details from the listing (translated from Chinese):

No information was found. The movement was made by swiss. The words of the 1 calibre movement were very beautiful and the head was very large.
    42mm, thickness 13mm, acrylic scratches have slight scratches, good color,
    This table is estimated to be produced in the 1960s or earlier. This color is absolutely rare.
    The night light is not bad, the time is good, the chain test is more than 30 hours,
    There is probably less than 40 seconds of error, the calendar function is also intact, note that the old table calendar is not fast-tuning.
    The following head is to adjust the diving chronograph circle in the dial, and the sound is a little bit squeaky.
    The rotation is normal, the lug width is 22mm, and the single head has no strap.

Here are the photos:
    Name:  TB29QDmX3IEF1JjSZFHXXbRVXXa_!!3004741652.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  277.6 KBName:  TB2CnyqXI5fF1Jjy0FlXXbtcXXa_!!3004741652.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  300.3 KBName:  TB24hGtXJifF1Jjy0FdXXX3dpXa_!!3004741652.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  305.7 KBName:  TB26CdVXRP8F1JjSspkXXcvEpXa_!!3004741652.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  300.3 KBName:  TB2.3PVX4r9F1JjSZPfXXawbFXa_!!3004741652.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  95.7 KB

Thanks,
    M_L_W

Re: Rexor De Luxe Diver- I can't find any information on the brand

Cheap diver-style watches like this were made under many obscure brand names, and we see them often on the forum. Generally speaking, these watches are not collectible and the movements are not worth paying to have serviced professionally. In fact, most watchmakers will try to dissuade you from doing so, since they were basically made to be disposable. Nevertheless, it's an attractive watch in nice condition, and you can enjoy wearing it as-is if you're satisfied with the time-keeping. Your friend Ulysses S. Grant would be able to acquire a watch like this on eBay quite easily.
    Monkey_like_watch likes this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Made in Hong Kong in the 1980s, with a 1-jewel Swiss movement. Case material is chrome-plated brass. Water resistance would nominal even when new. The watch is styled in imitation of the Japanese-made Orient SK. The back case has a design that is similar to the Orient logo, suggesting that it may have been intended for an Orient-like bogus brands such as 'Orientex'. This was a popular style of cheap watch back in the day, often seen in a 3-crown version with two rotating inner bezels.
    Monkey_like_watch likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
    Cheap diver-style watches like this were made under many obscure brand names, and we see them often on the forum. Generally speaking, these watches are not collectible and the movements are not worth paying to have serviced professionally. In fact, most watchmakers will try to dissuade you from doing so, since they were basically made to be disposable. Nevertheless, it's an attractive watch in nice condition, and you can enjoy wearing it as-is if you're satisfied with the time-keeping. Your friend Ulysses S. Grant would be able to acquire a watch like this on eBay quite easily.
    Good to know. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    Made in Hong Kong in the 1980s, with a 1-jewel Swiss movement. Case material is chrome-plated brass. Water resistance would nominal even when new. The watch is styled in imitation of the Japanese-made Orient SK. The back case has a design that is similar to the Orient logo, suggesting that it may have been intended for an Orient-like bogus brands such as 'Orientex'. This was a popular style of cheap watch back in the day, often seen in a 3-crown version with two rotating inner bezels.
    I appreciate the detailed information. I noticed the double lion on the back and thought of Orient. I see why now.
    Thanks.

.......and, as you probably know, is running on something like a Baumgartner 866 (CLD).

Regards.

Thread Information