A Roamer Anfibio

Thread: A Roamer Anfibio

A Roamer Anfibio

Another recent purchase just arrived. This is a (manual) Roamer Anfibio, which was marketed by Roamer as Waterproof - none of this Water Resistant nonsense. This could be regarded as Roamer's finest, though I prefer their RotoPower automatics (one of which I have in restoration right now). It has the Brevete case which is a pig to open, so no movement pics just yet. I guess late 60s / early 70s?

Re: A Roamer Anfibio

Quote Originally Posted by quoll
    Another recent purchase just arrived. This is a (manual) Roamer Anfibio, which was marketed by Roamer as Waterproof - none of this Water Resistant nonsense. This could be regarded as Roamer's finest, though I prefer their RotoPower automatics (one of which I have in restoration right now). It has the Brevete case which is a pig to open, so no movement pics just yet. I guess late 60s / early 70s?

Very nice and I agree with your time assessment. It has the baton hands which came in around 1969 I think, but the case doesn't (yet) have the disco era chunkiness so common in mid 70s watches.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by quoll View Post
    I had an Anfibio new in 1978 and it indeed was chunkier and not anything like as aesthetically pleasing (to my eyes) as this one. I lost it in about 1982 (deeply frustrating) but it was the initial spark for a modest collection of Roamers in recent time.

Cheers, JohnW

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats,

Seems to be roughly the same model as mine:

Just one thing I don't understand. Why it should be a pig to open an anfibio?
    If it has the correct splitted stem, you can oben it without any tool!
    But I wouldn't do it too often, thogh, as I don't want to risk any wear on the stem.

Cheers,

Axel

Btw. The movement should be marked on the back on that one. It's a 414, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Axel66 View Post
    Congrats,

Seems to be roughly the same model as mine:

Just one thing I don't understand. Why it should be a pig to open an anfibio?
    If it has the correct splitted stem, you can oben it without any tool!
    But I wouldn't do it too often, thogh, as I don't want to risk any wear on the stem.

Cheers,

Axel

Btw. The movement should be marked on the back on that one. It's a 414, isn't it?
    Agreed and correct on both counts, as I have learned since that post. It is a MST 414 and it has the regular Roamer split stem.

I love your silver dialed version. What's the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by quoll View Post
    ... What's the camera?
    Don't know exactly as it's my wife's one. Something like a Russian Leica-copy, I guess.

Cheers,

Axel

Hi -

It looks like a Zorki-4 to me: but you got some rust developing on the lens! Clean that baby!

JohnF

PS: Niiiiiiiiiiiice watches. Will have to keep my eyes open for one of those...
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Hi -

It looks like a Zorki-4 to me: but you got some rust developing on the lens! Clean that baby!

JohnF

PS: Niiiiiiiiiiiice watches. Will have to keep my eyes open for one of those...
    Hi,

I am a vintage camera collector long before I was interested in watches, so that is a Russian rangefinder camera and a Zorki, but a Zorki C.