Searching for More Information on this Beautiful Curious Timepeace
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Searching for More Information on this Beautiful Curious Timepeace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Searching for More Information on this Beautiful Curious Timepeace

Hey folks, we have exhausted our efforts in attempting to locate the exact origin, make, model, manufactured year, and manufacturer of this gold timepeace. This was handed down from our GG Grandfather residing in the general area of Laudenbach, Germany. It must have been obtained originally sometime between 1885 and predating the WW's...

We think the manufacturer was Muller & Schlenker but there is almost no information on the net of this company. The serial number #524885 can not be located as well.
    Any information y'all may have on this beautiful timepeace would greatly be appreciated! I have several detailed images in my photo Album if you want to take a look :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

busmatt likes this.

Re: Searching for More Information on this Beautiful Curious Timepeace

A: This is NOT a gold watch, it is just gold plated and only very thin (guaranteed for 10 years only, which is the lowest level, besides that a better plating would make no difference anyway). The number below the star is 885 and not 585 (which could lead to the assumption that it is 14K Gold). In any case, it is marked as plated above (placque d'or).

B: There are several companies in the business which have made watches using the brand name 'Gala', both in Germany and Switzerland. As everything is in the French language (antimagnétique or the hint to the gold plating of the case, e.g. placque d'or, garanti 10 ans), the watch comes most likely from the French part of Switzerland and not from Germany.

See at Mikrolisk and use the keyword 'Gala': Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index

Don't know anything about the chain (gold or not).

The movement has been made by Liengme (no, that's not a Chinese name, it's Swiss).

If you should still be interested in Mueller & Schlenker, Germany (definitively not the makers of this watch), here is a link. It is in German, so you might try your luck with the Google translator if German is not your language. You couldn't find any info on the Net, as you did not spell the name right. The German name is Müller (in case you don't have the German Umlauts on your keyboard spell it Mueller):

https://watch-wiki.org/index.php?tit..._(Uhrenfabrik)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Border-Reiver; July 16th, 2018 at 22:40.

Hi,

The watch is quite a good condition.
    If you want to enjoy it that way, Please stop touching the movement with whatever that is in the corner :)

Name:  lokYnEz.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  78.3 KB
    Chaos is my focus

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks like it already has a thumb or fingerprint on the frosted finish from that mishandling.
    busmatt likes this.

The IP has disappeared? I hope he can still live in 'peace' with his beautiful and curious watch.
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; July 17th, 2018 at 20:39.
    DragonDan and Michael Maddan like this.

Please read the post title .... "Searching for Information" not unhelpful comments and suggestions from kids

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

Information to help you preserve your watch can hardly be regarded as unhelpful. Fingerprints can cause damage to the interior parts of a watch and are to be avoided where possible.
    esdy_11192 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by N777AEC View Post
    Please read the post title .... "Searching for Information" not unhelpful comments and suggestions from kids
    I really feel like deleting my entry giving you all this info and correcting your wrong assumtions and digging out a very exotic movement for identification. I have wasted my time (unfortunately not yours). You have 'exhausted your efforts' before you even attempted to look for the most simple things on your own. And now you call helpful people kids. Simply disgusting! Disappointed because you don't have a golden watch? Yes, mess it it up with your fingerprints.

Your GG grandfather from Laudenbach, Germany is most likely turning in his grave now that you can't even spell the by far most common German family name Müller (Mueller if you don't have Umlauts on the keyboard) right to perform a usefull Google search.

There is a good rule when spending time to help in a forum on a first posting. Look at the person for a while first (besides giving a warm welcome of course). As Laudenbach on the famous 'Bergstrasse' (first recorded in 795 AD as 'Lutenbach') is about an hour away from my house, I was perhaps developping too much sympathy.

Well, whilst I am at it: On my side of the border of my present stay, there is a joke about the ‘Badener’ on the other side (that’s what people from that area including Laudenbach are called):
    A guy is asked if he has anything against the ‘Badeners’. He denies it. ‘No, absolutely nothing – at least nothing that helps’.

That should make your family evening.

Enjoy your watch!
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; July 24th, 2018 at 14:58.

I agree. I initially perceived it incorrectly.

I greatly appreciate your post and the time and effort you invested in this. thank you kindly!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information