Searching for the price...........
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Searching for the price...........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Member Stromboli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,007

    Searching for the price...........

    Hello everyone, On the 8th of November WUS had an article about Aerowatch and showed the Aerowatch Lepines Gold - Silver 8 day power reserve pocket watch with moon phase. However I did not see the price of the watch. Now just to be honest with myself I must admit that the price is very, very much out of my reach even though I really would like to know what the price tag is. With hope could someone who knows be able to share what the price might be. I think that if I ever had a grail pocket watch I would simply be in love with this one because to me it has it all. Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Member Border-Reiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,065

    Re: Searching for the price...........

    The thing is called 'Aerowatch Lépine Hebdomas Pocket Watch' and the article of Nov. 8, 2018 does not have a price. It closes with the words 'The pocket watch is now available exclusively at official Aerowatch points of sale.' Perhaps you try your luck there. If you just want to have a price level for a watch you never buy, why don't you google around? It's different anyway in different places, but most dealers don't have it yet (availabilty as of September 2018).

    I really do not understand your questions. Do you want to keep us busy just for the fun of it, like asking in another thread for a general list of pocket watch makers to which you did not come back?
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; November 15th, 2018 at 13:42.

  3. #3
    Member Dan S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,342

    Re: Searching for the price...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Border-Reiver View Post
    I really do not understand your questions. Do you want to keep us busy just for the fun of it, like asking in another thread for a general list of pocket watch makers to which you did not come back?
    Not even a single photo.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,247

    Re: Searching for the price...........

    troll alert
    Border-Reiver and Tick Talk like this.
    Chaos is my focus

  6. #5
    Member bogray57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Prairie Village, KS
    Posts
    324

    Re: Searching for the price...........

    Stromboli...Google is your friend. After only a few minutes of searching, I discovered the price here:

    https://www.montres-de-luxe.com/Aero...as_a14273.html

    The search also turned up several vintage Hebdomas-movement watches which I found much more attractive than the Aerowatch piece. I chuckled at this Google Translate-version of a line of copy from the Montre de Luxe site:

    "This exclusive timepiece, reserved for a clientele of amateurs or dandies, is available in the official points of sale of the brand."
    badbackdan likes this.

  7. #6
    Member Dan S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,342

    Re: Searching for the price...........

    Quote Originally Posted by bogray57 View Post
    Stromboli...Google is your friend. After only a few minutes of searching, I discovered the price here:

    https://www.montres-de-luxe.com/Aero...as_a14273.html

    The search also turned up several vintage Hebdomas-movement watches which I found much more attractive than the Aerowatch piece. I chuckled at this Google Translate-version of a line of copy from the Montre de Luxe site:

    "This exclusive timepiece, reserved for a clientele of amateurs or dandies, is available in the official points of sale of the brand."
    That's too funny ... so they're actually mocking people who might buy their watch?
    SunnyOrange likes this.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

  8. #7
    Member Border-Reiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,065

    Re: Searching for the price...........

    Quote Originally Posted by bogray57 View Post
    Stromboli...Google is your friend. After only a few minutes of searching, I discovered the price here:

    https://www.montres-de-luxe.com/Aero...as_a14273.html

    The search also turned up several vintage Hebdomas-movement watches which I found much more attractive than the Aerowatch piece. I chuckled at this Google Translate-version of a line of copy from the Montre de Luxe site:

    "This exclusive timepiece, reserved for a clientele of amateurs or dandies, is available in the official points of sale of the brand."
    Google is your friend, but it's better to have friend doing the search for you, especially if you do not have the intention to buy such a watch ... Perhaps you can also be helpful with that complete list of all manufacturers of pocket watches requested in that other thread (assumed all are requested, as questions regarding more specific particulars have not been answered).

  9. #8
    Member Border-Reiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,065

    Re: Searching for the price...........

    Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    That's too funny ... so they're actually mocking people who might buy their watch?
    Lord have mercy and stop me from endlessly rolling on the floor! ... an exclusive watch for amateurs and dandies ...

  10. #9
    Member bogray57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Prairie Village, KS
    Posts
    324

    Re: Searching for the price...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Border-Reiver View Post
    Perhaps you can also be helpful with that complete list of all manufacturers of pocket watches requested in that other thread (assumed all are requested, as questions regarding more specific particulars have not been answered).
    I'll get right on that...NOT!

  11. #10
    Member Border-Reiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,065

    Re: Searching for the price...........

    Just for the records: The French word 'amateur' can be translated into 'amateur' (non professional, unpaid, bungler etc.), but here it has another meaning: 'amateur' = a 'lover' (enthusiast) of something ...

    Whatever, it's not nice to call their potential customers for this watch 'dandy'.
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; November 15th, 2018 at 17:42.
    SunnyOrange likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •