Seeking info on vintage Juvenia watch

Thread: Seeking info on vintage Juvenia watch

Seeking info on vintage Juvenia watch

A friend asked me if I could find out anything about this watch that belonged to her mother. It is a Juvenia with a very unusual case design. I had not heard of the brand, but I did Google the company, which appears to have been in (continuous!) operation since 1860 and is based in La Chaux-de-Fonds, and presently owned by a Hong Kong based holding company.

I wound it and it appears to be working at some level, but if it is to be worn, would certainly need to be serviced. I doubt it is worth much, but could have family keepsake value. Anyone here who might have any further information on this one?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by dbakiva; May 24th, 2012 at 23:26.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Seeking info on vintage Juvenia watch

Well, that is certainly a design that I have never seen before! Very unusual. In the end, there is likely to be a generic ladies form movement inside. It is probably from the late fifties to the early seventies.

Hartmut Richter

There are a lot of "NOS" Juvenias on the Bay right now. I suspect that they are from when the brand was sold to Asia, and that "Old" might mean last year. Not very transparent business practice, IMO.
    Oris Divers Date, Seiko Sportura SPC001, Seiko SKX009J Japanese Jubilee "Pepsi," Wenger Sea Force, Citizen Nighthawk (rubber), Borealis Pilot Diver, Vintage Tissot Antimagnetique on black lizard, Vostok Amphibia blue dial 420007 (no Dude), Bagelsport Explo II homage, HMT Janata, Casio MRW200 analog (gym), Casio W210-1BV (yard work)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dcdude View Post
    There are a lot of "NOS" Juvenias on the Bay right now. I suspect that they are from when the brand was sold to Asia, and that "Old" might mean last year. Not very transparent business practice, IMO.
    In this case though, I have some idea of its age. It would have been a gift from my friend's father to her mother, and he died in the mid seventies. It would have to be at least that old, probably older.

Any other thoughts? Thanks.
    Last edited by dbakiva; June 16th, 2012 at 13:19.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Thread Information