Seeking vintage Prim advise. Ebay has me sceptical
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By haha

Thread: Seeking vintage Prim advise. Ebay has me sceptical

Seeking vintage Prim advise. Ebay has me sceptical

I've been trying to add a solid vintage Prim to my collection for a while now. Every good looking Sport 1 or 2 or Diplomat I see on the bay looks a little too good. I know there is supposed to be a great Czech language Prim reference book out there but it's more expensive than some of the watches. Was there ever a blue dial diplomat? Why do some of the round case Sport 1s have white hands and some have black? Some are over $1k and some are $300ish. The cushion case sport 2s seem to be harder to find than the Sport 1s. Is this because they're all knockoffs? Any advise navigating this minefield would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: Seeking vintage Prim advise. Ebay has me sceptical

A lot of new knockoffs appeared lately, mainly Sport1, Diplomat, deer. There are also known aftermarket dials, hands, bezels and cases for Sport1 and 2.
    If you care about authenticity more than the condition of the watch, you'll have to be very careful. Also, there doesn't seem to be a very rich offer on the bay. I see only 230 listings there, but there are thousands on local websites.
    Normal/good price for authentic and good condition Sport1 would be around 250-350 euros, Sport2 50 to 100, Diplomat, 2-400.
    Don't hesitate to pm me if you have more questions.

Thread Information