Seeland pocket watch

Thread: Seeland pocket watch

Seeland pocket watch

I have an old Seeland Pocket Watch. Can anybody help me with the watch maker history and idea about value and year of manufacturing ?
    The text on the back is "Montre de precision". There is also a number on the back - 9918.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Seeland pocket watch

Thanks for posting. It would help if you opened the back and showed us a photo of the movement. Right now I'm guessing it's from the 1920s or so.
    Seeland and Eno are other names used by Invicta. The Invicta name was trademarked in the 1890s, but the company got started in La Chaux de Fonds in 1837.
    We do not give valuations in this forum for reasons we outline in our sticky notes.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Thanks for posting. It would help if you opened the back and showed us a photo of the movement. Right now I'm guessing it's from the 1920s or so.
    Seeland and Eno are other names used by Invicta. The Invicta name was trademarked in the 1890s, but the company got started in La Chaux de Fonds in 1837.
    We do not give valuations in this forum for reasons we outline in our sticky notes.
    Please find additional photos.

Can give any hint on the value? 1, 10 or 100 USD?
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by beth99; November 25th, 2008 at 16:40. Reason: Photos missing

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really like this enameled silver pocket watch cases.This one is well preserved.
    Nice.

Mine pocket "Seeland" is browned.
    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.portalsatova.com/forum/

Hi -

We don't do valutions here, please read the stickie post at the top of the forum as to why. Fundamentally, the watch is worth what a buyer will pay for it.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

I'd definitely conclude it's a 20th century watch based on the movement. The Art Deco case looks to me like the 1920s. It's a 15 jewel movement which is pretty good but not exceptional.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

What a watch is worth - or indeed, what ANYTHING is worth - is ultimately up to what someone is willing to pay for it. That's all we could say about worth or value here. NEVER assume that anything old is worth a fortune. Most of the time, it isn't.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

I'd definitely conclude it's a 20th century watch based on the movement. The Art Deco case looks to me like the 1920s. It's a 15 jewel movement which is pretty good but not exceptional.
    Thank you. Do you know in which country it is manufactured?

It is Swiss.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

It is Swiss.
    I know that it is not identical in the exact spacing of the bridges, etc, but to me, it bears a canny resemblance to this:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...Omega_40_6L_T2

(Also see Ranfft entries under Cals. 18SBP and 19'''HN)

Before the whole company was named Omega in 1894, watches were produced by Louis Brandt under a variety of names, including Celtic, Gurzelen, Jura and others. Maybe Seeland was among them (?!). Alternatively, maybe they had access to Brandt movements.

Or maybe I am heading down the wrong path altogether..... (If only it was a Zenith, I could be more sure of myself! )

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information