Seems I'll visit more this forum >>>

Thread: Seems I'll visit more this forum >>>

Seems I'll visit more this forum >>>

I'm frequent poster on other fora in WUS, but not here. But after my father-in-law gave me these watches there's no turning back
    Here's what I got:

As the shot is rather poor, here's the lineup, from top right: Seiko 5, Omega cronograph, Eterna Kon-Tiki with original bracelet, EMF (quartz), Omega manual wind, Omega Constellation, Eterna-matic case gold covered.

Some of these watches were in my list, but as I find very risk purchasing vintage pieces I've kept them in low priority.

I'm anticipating with enthusiasm the restoration of these watches. Also, this sudden overflow of dress watches will make me rethink my collection.

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
    If I have to choose between people or watches... I choose people everytime!
    Cheers,
    Paulo

Re: Seems I'll visit more this forum >>>

Welcome aboard. Nice assortment there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I'm frequent poster on other fora in WUS, but not here. But after my father-in-law gave me these watches there's no turning back
    Here's what I got:

As the shot is rather poor, here's the lineup, from top right: Seiko 5, Omega cronograph, Eterna Kon-Tiki with original bracelet, EMF (quartz), Omega manual wind, Omega Constellation, Eterna-matic case gold covered.

Some of these watches were in my list, but as I find very risk purchasing vintage pieces I've kept them in low priority.

I'm anticipating with enthusiasm the restoration of these watches. Also, this sudden overflow of dress watches will make me rethink my collection.
    Hey Paulo!

Really nice "collection" you got there my friend! I wish my hopefully-future-to-be-father-in-law would hand me over such a present. I particularly like the 3 Omegas (being an Omega guy, it's not a big surprise I guess). Enjoy them!!

Blaise
    -Blaise-

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for posting. Getting watches from relatives is a great way to start collecting Vintage. The price is good and now you have stuff with sentimental value so it is not as painful to pay for restoration costs.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Some of these watches were in my list, but as I find very risk purchasing vintage pieces I've kept them in low priority...
    As your knowledge grows you will find collecting vintage has less risk.

Actually I think vintage can represent far less risk. I have amassed a collection of over 100 watches for less than what two or three of my better watches cost new.

... now if I can learn to start fixing them, I won't get as many Christmas cards from watchmakers
    Last edited by Eeeb; January 23rd, 2009 at 06:17.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Christmas update. My father-in-law found two more and sent them to me.
    The Technos is working, but the cadet De Ville no.

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
    If I have to choose between people or watches... I choose people everytime!
    Cheers,
    Paulo

Banned

They're all nice, but the Omega pie pan and the Kon Tiki are cult favorites. Sweet!

Thread Information