Seiko 7016 5 hands questions

Thread: Seiko 7016 5 hands questions

Seiko 7016 5 hands questions

Hello,

I just got hold of one of Seiko best looking chronographs imho, the infamous 7016 in tonneau shape. The square Monaco style seems to be more sought after but I like the tonneau best. Now I have one. Took me 2 years since I first saw one.

I got it with a low bid just shy of $50 due to a very bad looking case. Lucky me I also have a pristine case I got for $10 with a broken crystal.

Haven't taken pictures yet. Photo you see now is from the seller and the condition it was. The movement runs excellent. Hasn't gained or lost a second the last 4 hours. I've swapped the cases and polished the crystal and it looks almost perfect. The lume on the hands is gone.

Question. The chronohand and little hourhand beneath the minute marker should be red or bright orange. Can someone confirm this? Is it suppost to be red or orange? The colour faded almost completely.

Can this be repainted or should I look for some aftermarket/nos handset?
    Second question: what type of strap was fitted with when bought new? Brown or black, croco or plain maybe contrast stiched.

I've made a few pictures for you to see the difference with old and new case.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by om-4; March 29th, 2008 at 14:17.

Re: Seiko 7016 5 hands questions

Thanks for posting. Sorry but I know nothing about chronos so I hope one of our real experts can help you.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information