Seiko Bullhead
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Seiko Bullhead

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seiko Bullhead

Hi!

After thorough investigation i finally decided on which Bullhead to buy.
    The first time around i ended up with a piece of junk from the seller Lloys watch on
    e-bay. Problems started occuring immediately and it broke down after a couple of weeks.

Second time around i had more luck, I bet on a watch that wasnt as polished as the first one. It works
    fine. It runs a little bit too fast. Does anybody know if thats possible to correct? Can anybody recommend
    an experienced watchmaker for vintage Seikos? I bought it on e-bay from the seller Badingski.

Im now a happy Bullhead owner and i absolutely love it.
    Below are some pictures.

Best regards and Happy new years!!
    Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marrick, MACHENE.Tech and Malakim like this.

Re: Seiko Bullhead

Congrats on the bullhead. I caught the bullhead fever. Actually considering one from Citizen as well.
    wish list | Weiss Standard Issue Field Black
    wish list | Citizen PMT56-2711, -2714, -2731, -2734
    wish list | Citizen NH8030 Kaji day wheel
    wish list | Seiko 6105-8110
    wish list | Seiko SBDP025

:: street_cred ::
    >>
    gentleman
    >>
    do not hesitate
    >>
    smooth
    >>
    no worries

Me too. From what i can judge its all original except from the Bezel. The text should be white. I bought an aftermarket one and i will change it. I have to have a brown one as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations on the watch. Did you keep that first one, if so it may be of use for parts. If a watch is running significantly fast, the first thing a good watchmaker will do is demagnatize the entire watch. the hairspring (mainspring) is ferrous, and when magnatized it essentially causes the coils to stick together and make the watch run fast. Of course, it will be a good idea to get a full service on this watch anyway.

Have a look through this link to see if any are close to you. Watchuseek.com | Watch Links | Forums | On-line Watch Shopping | Horloges | Uhren | Montres | Orologio | Relojes | Relogios

I was in Stockholm for a couple days after spending some time in Lapland this last summer. I really enjoyed bicycling around the city.
    ~D
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

I kept the first one. Will use it for spare parts if necessary. Thanks for the advice, ill have look through and see if i find something useful.
    Is e-bay the best way to find vintage seikos? Any recommendations to other ways of buying them?
    Stockholm is a nice city, a bit cold in the winter. Wouldnt mind some sunshine at the moment.

Ebay has its drawbacks, but as long as you take steps to protect yourself and are knowledgable about what you are buying, you should be fine. No one can argue that ebay has the biggest audience, so it has about the best availability of whatever it is you are intrested in.

You can have some of ours, it's 60°F (15.5°C) here today.
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

I have a Seiko bullhead I bought it new in 1979 but it has just been in a draw for the last 20 years I got it out last weekend just to have a look at it again and when I wind it up it goes for a while and then stops I have never had the watch serviced in the 33 years I have had it do you think that is the problem with it I don't where it because its a bit to heavy for me now.

The oils will have dried up and the watch needs to be cleaned and oiled - serviced.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Quote Originally Posted by robr1957 View Post
    I have a Seiko bullhead I bought it new in 1979 but it has just been in a draw for the last 20 years I got it out last weekend just to have a look at it again and when I wind it up it goes for a while and then stops I have never had the watch serviced in the 33 years I have had it do you think that is the problem with it I don't where it because its a bit to heavy for me now.

Is it brown or black? Can you submit a picture? It would be great to see a Bullhead only worn four years.
    BR
    Martin

[QUOTE=Martin BH;5838898]Is it brown or black? Can you submit a picture? It would be great to see a Bullhead only worn four years.
    BR

Martin[/QUOTE
    I don't know how to post photo,s how do I do it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information