Seller re-lists(?) "sold" Hamilton 910 with increased damage

Thread: Seller re-lists(?) "sold" Hamilton 910 with increased damage

Seller re-lists(?) "sold" Hamilton 910 with increased damage

I found this Hamilton 910 on Ebay a few days ago, and I was just looking at past auctions for an general idea of value. Well I just so happened to find the very same watch from the same seller. On the first listing it says the seller accepted an offer. Could that mean he might have cancelled the sale and just did it differently? In both listings the watch is described as working and can be seen ticking, but in the most recent listing, the crown and stem have came off along with the minute hand. Surely others have noticed this because the watch is well listed and has a good dial and decent case but is going for the price of a hamburger. I know there's just under 48 hours left and I'm not fantasizing a steal.

Could it be safe to say that the seller has tried to tinker with it and messed things up? I don't need it and this new finding has me pretty leery, but I would love to get it for a good price. What would you do?
    "A watch is ruined, not by time, but by bad handling. To run well it should be wound regularly, cleaned yearly, and, if injured, taken to a competent, practical man. A ​Waltham watch properly cared for will last a lifetime." -American Waltham Watch Co. Catalog (c) 1900
    “When your watch gets out of order you have a choice of two things to do: throw it in the fire or take it to the watch-tinker. The former is the quickest.” -Mark Twain

Re: Seller re-lists(?) "sold" Hamilton 910 with increased damage

Who knows if he "fooled with it" or not? It could have been that the previous buyer ask him questions about setting the hands and the seller pulled the stem out hard and it came all the way out.

Been there, done that on watches that I had just received.
    https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/westfield-watch-company.109201/

A friend is truly a prize indeed, others not so much. So if I lead you believe you're in the latter, please read........
    http://markmanson.net/internet

Quote Originally Posted by simpletreasures View Post
    Who knows if he "fooled with it" or not? It could have been that the previous buyer ask him questions about setting the hands and the seller pulled the stem out hard and it came all the way out.

Been there, done that on watches that I had just received.
    That's a good point. I have sent him some questions.
    "A watch is ruined, not by time, but by bad handling. To run well it should be wound regularly, cleaned yearly, and, if injured, taken to a competent, practical man. A ​Waltham watch properly cared for will last a lifetime." -American Waltham Watch Co. Catalog (c) 1900
    “When your watch gets out of order you have a choice of two things to do: throw it in the fire or take it to the watch-tinker. The former is the quickest.” -Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The seller said the person he sold it to broke it and returned it. Hmm... guess I believe it. Cant trust everybody on the internet though.
    I feel kinda dumb for making this thread. A moderator could delete if they please and I wouldn't mind. :)

I wouldn't worry about it CC, learning is all part of the process.

As far as that watch that you started this thread with, you might just want to walk away from it, at least I would.
    https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/westfield-watch-company.109201/

A friend is truly a prize indeed, others not so much. So if I lead you believe you're in the latter, please read........
    http://markmanson.net/internet

Quote Originally Posted by simpletreasures View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it CC, learning is all part of the process.

As far as that watch that you started this thread with, you might just want to walk away from it, at least I would.
    Ya. The condition isn't the greatest to me and I've got some other watches on the list.

Thread Information