Selton?

Thread: Selton?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Selton?

Hi,

I found this watch in my dad's drawer, can't find this brand anywhere on net. The Dial says SELTON and its manual wind. Has anyone of you ever heard of this brand? I want to know either it is work salvaging or not :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Selton?

Post moved from 'Links and Articles' to the correct part of the forum.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyKeyboard View Post
    Hi,

I found this watch in my dad's drawer, can't find this brand anywhere on net. The Dial says SELTON and its manual wind. Has anyone of you ever heard of this brand? I want to know either it is work salvaging or not :)
    I can't find anything about the brand either. The case isn't in great shape and there is some corrosion on the hands.
    As it states only 'antimagnetic' on the dial, and doesn't mention jewels, I would guess that it has a cheap movement and is probably not worth spending money on - unless for sentimental reasons.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info, lets just say if i choose to get it repaired to repair, can I get the dial restored is it possible to get it repainted? if yes do you know anyone who can.

Yes - there are companies that do dial refinishing. I've never used one. If you let members know which country you are in you may get recommendations based on experience.

@Marrick: I am in Pakistan and no there aren't any here :P but if you know any in PA then that will work too cause I can ask my sister to get it done for me ....

I don't believe the dial needs to be redone it looks in good aged condition. The pattern on the dial could not be recreated so I wouldn't try. The important thing is the movement and it's condition. If you could remove the back cover and get a good picture of the inner works we could tell you more. When you use the abbreveation PA do you mean Pennsylvania, USA? The USA is a realativly high cost market to get repairs done, but there are some highly skilled people, if cost is no object. With luck you will have a common movement that only need a clean, lube and adjustment and perhaps a mainspring.

Yes Pennsylvania USA ...... The mechanical movement are working properly ...... ok I think I will get the case restored first and the movement serviced .... would love if anyone could tell me how to remove those water marks from the dial ...... any tips?

well as it turns out even though the dial says Selton, the movt. inside is Movado 15 Jewels. But if it is movado then why selton? or is the dial changed or the movt? hmmmm mystery !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well that is a pleasant surprise indeed. I guess we'll never know, but its almost certainly a marriage. Possibly the original Movado dial was in poor shape and the Selton dial was the closest fit the watchmaker had in his spares box. Looking at the original picture, the sub seconds pinion is ever so slightly high - as if the hole in the dial has been enlarged a tiny bit for it. But then wouldn't it say Movado on the case back?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information