share with LIBAN Automatic

Thread: share with LIBAN Automatic

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    63

    share with LIBAN Automatic

    Not see much info about LIBAN, I got a old working 17jewels Automatic wrist watch, with Felsa 699 Permutator movement, ,
    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    17,136

    Re: share with LIBAN Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsun View Post
    Not see much info about LIBAN, I got a old working 17jewels Automatic wrist watch, with Felsa 699 Permutator movement, ,
    Is that a digital power-reserve indicator? How cool!



    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

  3. #3
    Member Marrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    East Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    7,743

    Re: share with LIBAN Automatic

    Yes - very nice.

    All I can find is:

    LIBAN - 'Montres LIBAN' J. BONNET Bienne

    Mikrolisk gives:

    J. Bonnet Zifferblätterm (?) Uhrwerke und Gehäuse (movements and cases); Biel (Bienne) registered 14.4.1903

    Liban is French for Lebanon. There are a few examples on the web marked 'Liban Watch Co.' on the movement. Not much else to find I suspect.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)


    Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member trim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,814

    Re: share with LIBAN Automatic

    The power reserve is really neat

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    63

    Re: share with LIBAN Automatic

    Yes , it's digital power-reserve indicator, I bought it very cheap price at market, someone offer me 100 Euro, prefer to keep it for my self

  7. #6
    Zenith Forum Co-moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    16,974

    Re: share with LIBAN Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsun View Post
    Yes , it's digital power-reserve indicator, I bought it very cheap price at market, someone offer me 100 Euro, prefer to keep it for my self
    I suspect it will have an Adolf Schild Ca. AS 1463 inside:

    bidfun-db AS_1463: AS 1463

    ...the same as the AS 1382N but with the power reserve by window (rather than with a rotating hand). Alternatively a Felsa Cal. 699 Permutator:

    http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...uswk&Felsa_699

    The AS calibre has 36 hours power reserve, the Felsa 44. The maximum number on the power reserve when fully wound should help identify it.

    Hartmut Richter
    Last edited by Hartmut Richter; September 22nd, 2010 at 21:52.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    63

    Re: share with LIBAN Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    I suspect it will have an Adolf Schild Ca. AS 1463 inside:

    bidfun-db AS_1463: AS 1463

    ...the same as the AS 1382N but with the power reserve by window (rather than with a rotating hand). Alternatively a Felsa Cal. 699 Permutator:

    bidfun-db Felsa_699: Felsa 699 Permutator

    The AS calibre has 36 hours power reserve, the Felsa 44. The maximum number on the power reserve when fully wound should help identify it.

    Hartmut Richter
    Richer, when fully wound the number on the power reserve is 44.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: share with LIBAN Automatic

    Richard Whitmark wears a Liban in the film The Halls of Montezuma".

  10. #9
    Member Emre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Istanbul-Dubai-Varna
    Posts
    3,358

    Re: share with LIBAN Automatic

    Quote Originally Posted by robzilasan View Post
    Richard Whitmark wears a Liban in the film The Halls of Montezuma".
    2 year old thread?!:)

    while bumped, let me add this for future reference

    Liban Ad from 1943:

    Attachment 1017909
    Last edited by Emre; March 22nd, 2013 at 13:18.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    420

    Re: share with LIBAN Automatic

    Bump again.....


    Emre,

    Can you post this advert one more time if it is shows a chronograph? Any additional 1940's Liban Watch Co. adverts showing chromos would be great, too.


    Mine's from what I believe is 1942 since "42" is stamped on the back.

    Picture, as found with beautiful Val23 movement.





    Quote Originally Posted by Emre View Post
    2 year old thread?!:)

    while bumped, let me add this for future reference

    Liban Ad from 1943:

    Attachment 1017909
    Attached Images Attached Images


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •