WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Should i buy this watch? vintage watch advice needed

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  laikrodukas 
#1 ·
so i just found this watch for sale on my country, and i love the looks, despite it being destroyed. its like 35 euros, so not very expensive, or maybe it is, i dont know. it works, but needs service.
so my questions are, are services on watches like this expensive? how much does it usually cost to fix the glass and dial?
does it look genuine? (i dont mind cheap brands and stuff, but i dont like fakes)
what can you guys tell me about this watch or brand? (i've only discovered it today)
Watch Fashion accessory Metal
Fashion accessory Coin Watch accessory Silver Watch
Metal

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

It was a nice Hertig(Certina) once but now it's really hard to justify a purchase on it now
The only thing left is the movement which could be desirable, it looks like some early K.F. caliber without shock protection I can not identify, smth between 304, 320, 344

#10 ·
I would hardly have it for free. The dial area close to the crown is worst damaged and that may well point towards water having seeped in and caused damage - to the movement too. Sure, you could take a gamble but even ten Euros is ten Euros. If you had an identical movement and needed a replacement part for that e.g. in the balance area (i.d. far away from the crown), it would be worth a punt and in that case, possibly even at 35 Euros (depending on howe desparate you would be for the replacement part). Otherwise, I'd rather let it go.

Hartmut Richter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.